Ahhhh! Missfire and white smoke!

I got a missfire all way up to mid rpm then it runs away its always wanting to cut out and not run and the carb is making a weird squeaking noise

mine does that but only on cold starts and it lasts about 10-20 seconds then runs perfect... i recently put bike carbs on and it no longer does it

I got a missfire all way up to mid rpm then it runs away its always wanting to cut out and not run and the carb is making a weird squeaking noise

The misfire may be due to worn petrol gummed up carburettor and or contact breaker points and the contacts gap reducing due to wear of the fibre wiper on the distributor rotor lobes? Required points gap can be found in the Haynes workshop manual.

The misfire and white smoke may also be due to failing cylinder head gasket. Check very carefully the radiator cooling water and engine oil for cross contamination. Good luck.

The misfire may be due to worn petrol gummed up carburettor and or contact breaker points and the contacts gap reducing due to wear of the fibre wiper on the distributor rotor lobes? Required points gap can be found in the Haynes workshop manual.

The misfire and white smoke may also be due to failing cylinder head gasket. Check very carefully the radiator cooling water and engine oil for cross contamination. Good luck.
That helps me aswell aha cheers