• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Agent_Sm1ths Activ

Now i can ruin my rear hatch by drilling holes in it. :eek:

45266816872_0834b0eb68_c.jpg

43500266580_b60aff1d57_c.jpg

All fitted and bolted in place.

44403209765_070908b7ca_c.jpg

45266821682_9e89f3e337_c.jpg

I'm pleased with it; the MS Design stuff fits really well (same German company that made my sideskirts).
So i just need to remove it and paint the holes to stop rust forming. Once the PU adhesive arrives i'll refit it all back permanently.

That is one heavy rear hatch now. It still stays up though due to the angle when it's fully opened so that's a bonus, i thought it wouldn't.

That's pretty good is that for 4? Or a pair, I got mine via Amazon and those were conti eco contact 5 at £44 each give or take and were by far the cheapest for them ,and were only a month or two old
Are they recent dates as well?

Last edited:
That's pretty good is that for 4? Or a pair, I got mine via Amazon and those were conti eco contact 5 at £44 each give or take and were by far the cheapest for them ,and were only a month or two old
Are they recent dates as well?
Week 34/18 is the date. The price is for a pair.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

So I got bored with my black clocks and thought I'll swap them over for my green ones with blue lighting.

45688996672_e7fe6d2699_c.jpg

I've had a spare wraparound spoiler for a while now that got damaged in the post. Thought I better fix it and get it sorted.
3-4in break.

45062010264_0ee699602e_c.jpg

43969536440_20f308e31a_c.jpg

A bit of fibreglass required. I also injected some resin into the break.

45056781954_4ec3651f1b_c.jpg

44868517325_a41448957e_c.jpg

All done. Just needs a tiny bit of filler, sanding then I'll primer it. Good as new.

As I was looking over Nissans ecu wiring I noticed a wire from the speedo back to the ecu.
It sends speed data to the ecu that you can then read from the obd 2 port, and also it increases the rpm without you pressing the throttle. You know when you're at the lights and rolling slowly, the rpm increases.
Now; the Megasquirt can read VSS data so I might as well get that sorted also. This will then give me ability read what gear I'm in and all sorts of other stuff.

Is that wire also related to the speed limiter? and there is another feed from speed sensor to speedo so you don't lose the speedometer if you do disconnect the former? The Haynes manual isn't good enough for me to work it out (well not for me at least) ta

Is that wire also related to the speed limiter? and there is another feed from speed sensor to speedo so you don't lose the speedometer if you do disconnect the former? The Haynes manual isn't good enough for me to work it out (well not for me at least) ta
No. It's solely for the idle increase. The limiter will be taken from the crank sensor.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
No. It's solely for the idle increase. The limiter will be taken from the crank sensor.

Is there a way of using this to make the engine idle at this higher speed all the time? I have tried forcing the speedo to stay at 20mph or above but the idle stays the same.

First of all you're trying to trick Nissans ecu and it's quite clever. It's PID closed loop settings will always try to reach a set rpm at idle. Even if you introduce a small air leak it'll compensate to a degree. You need to go standalone really so then you've got full control over your engine.

Is there a way of using this to make the engine idle at this higher speed all the time? I have tried forcing the speedo to stay at 20mph or above but the idle stays the same.
Maybe you could use the aircon input into your ecu to give you an increased idle. Just a thought.

Won't that be the rev limiter rather than the speedometer triggered 120 mph limiter?
Sorry had rev limiter in my head. Just disconnect the wire from the instrument cluster to the ecu for the speed sense and see if you can go over 120.

Ours is an early non-NATs car which didn't have A/C do all ECU's have A/C control?
I don't know whether they all had them and it was left redundant. I'll have a look through some of my wiring diagrams when I get chance. Can you not just adjust it with the throttle stop as a temporary measure.

Sorry had rev limiter in my head. Just disconnect the wire from the instrument cluster to the ecu for the speed sense and see if you can go over 120.

I don't suppose you know the colour do you? and I ask more for those with the Micra set-up in a Mini or Midas in my case (if I ever manage the conversion that is) running smaller wheels and an uncorrected speed signal. Although correcting the speed signal would still give a true top speed of a limited 120 mph I guess.

So there is a separate wire from from the speed sensor to speedo, and another back to the ECU? in other words can you disconnect one and still retain a working speedo? thanks

I don't suppose you know the colour do you? and I ask more for those with the Micra set-up in a Mini or Midas in my case (if I ever manage the conversion that is) running smaller wheels and an uncorrected speed signal. Although correcting the speed signal would still give a true top speed of a limited 120 mph I guess.

So there is a separate wire from from the speed sensor to speedo, and another back to the ECU? in other words can you disconnect one and still retain a working speedo? thanks
Yes there is a separate wire. Pin18 of the instrument cluster is the signal from the gbox speed sensor. Pin16, a purple wire is the one back to the ecu. If you disconnect this purple wire either at the ecu or the instrument cluster you'll still have a working speedometer.

frank

Club Member
you should be able to raise the idle via the black plastic allen key screw ,or the throttleplate bumpstop/screw matt, the idle control valve only has a limited flow and its easy to exceed it

These ones aren't from a Micra so they come apart slightly differently. I can't remember exactly other than the Micra ones pull off from the outside edge and these I think unclipped from the top edge. The car is in storage now so I can't check.

These ones aren't from a Micra so they come apart slightly differently. I can't remember exactly other than the Micra ones pull off from the outside edge and these I think unclipped from the top edge. The car is in storage now so I can't check.

Got it. Will have a go.
Mine are the same, they're those chrome ones. They've also got another layer of casing around the outside with an indicator lens.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I'm afraid there are no updates on the turbo setup or anything else with regards the car, as I'm currently living/working abroad. It is still very much alive and running fine. When I return full-time to the UK I'll start working on it again.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid there are no updates on the turbo setup or anything else with regards the car, as I'm currently living/working abroad. It is still very much alive and running fine. When I return full-time to the UK I'll start working on it again.

No problem, good luck with the build ?

Now that the black car is on coilovers. I might as well put the old lowering springs on the spare car.
Off to the alignment centre again.

49829650587_f4fded2944_c.jpg

Added some connectors from the wideband to the Megasquirt ecu. Something I'd been meaning to do for ages but never got round to.

49834252066_310bf905bb_c.jpg

Also needed to fix the rear wiper as the rains have now arrived.

49833710548_805f4d8863_c.jpg