• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Agent_Sm1ths Activ

Undo the splash guard and turn it out of the way to gain access to the hose clamp to drain the coolant. It's not old so I'll reuse it.

41776881651_9e67e0bcbc_c.jpg

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Loving this mate! A great blog for an awesome looking car!! Is your 'spare' car in century green? Rare colour and one of my favourites, which is why I bought one!! ;) black definitely suits the K11, though. :)

Thanks. Yes that's the colour. We're going to have to agree to disagree with century green being a great colour though. ;)

So now to remove the slam panel. The bolts were rusty so took a while, kept screwing them out and in little bits at a time so they wouldn't snap. Had run out of WD40. The two front support bolts just below the bonnet catch were easy to remove as they were covered in grease

41776948131_955a9dcc8d_c.jpg

41777047991_934c5ed791_c.jpg

Undo the top hose, unclip the fan connector, and lift the rad out.

Last edited:
One of my cars had in the past had a bump and the repairer must have snapped a bolt so they actually just glued the bolt head back in place during the repair!

Swap the fan assembly over to the new radiator.

41735932642_ca3c353c28_c.jpg

Drop the new radiator back into place, and connect up the fan plug and pipes.

40878143785_e347fe1b1b_c.jpg

Grease the slam panel bolts so they'll never cease up again.

26909143367_54de4994d3_c.jpg

Fill up the radiator and expansion tank with the removed coolant (don't put the radiator cap back on yet), then run the engine and put the heater on hot till warm to remove any air. Then top up if required and pop the cap back on.

All done in less than an hour, and for just £17.

41060662564_b5c1a9bbc9_c.jpg

You can drop the rad from below, but mine has aircon so it hits the dryer/pressure switch canister.

Last edited:
Those later radiators the coil packs use seem to corrode and leak alot, dizzy or after market are much better and seem to last longer
As well as not having the external frame like the older or aftermarket they seem to take more damage

When I first wired in the Megasquirt MS3X ecu I used bullet connectors for ease and testing purposes. Me being lazy meant that they've been there ever since as it's awkward to replace them with proper connectors.
Thought I better make a start before I get issues.

40294696830_177f3f1e17_c.jpg

You can just about see one of the new connectors behind the blue map pipe.

And the other side where the wideband connects. This side still has the temporary bullet connectors.
You can also see from both pictures how the new ecu fits perfectly under where the original one goes.

40262094875_02510eb18b_c.jpg

Last edited:
Now I don't know about you lot out there, but I like to know what revs I'm doing. Not for any real reason other than interest.
So stuck one of the Rev Counter clocks in.
Looks much better aesthetically.

34837579603_3a61289bba_o.jpg

Five dashboard screws later and its fitted.

35646598195_7f44a85bff_o.jpg
Hi, sorry to ask a Noob question but, does this come out of a K11 and if so, which one?

I don't know specifically which k11 model the green clocks come from. It'll probably be something like the SR. You can get the standard black rev counter clocks from any of the higher spec facelift Micras such as GX, SE, etc.

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I don't know specifically which k11 model the green clocks come from. It'll probably be something like the SR. You can get the standard black rev counter clocks from any of the higher spec facelift Micras such as GX, SE, etc.

I think it was only the Si model that has green clocks for a facelift

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thank you, will head off to the scrappy near us.

So now to remove the slam panel. The bolts were rusty so took a while, kept screwing them out and in little bits at a time so they wouldn't snap. Had run out of WD40. The two front support bolts just below the bonnet catch were easy to remove as they were covered in grease

41776948131_955a9dcc8d_c.jpg

41777047991_934c5ed791_c.jpg

Undo the top hose, unclip the fan connector, and lift the rad out.

Well crap, I snapped all four of the slam panel bolts during my engine swap. Will try your method next time I have to undo something. There are many snappy bolts on mine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Time to fit a new coilpack ignitor module to replace the one I made.
You can see the original ignitor unit in the top right.

I love rivnuts.

27867186367_7e3f5d27e9_c.jpg

Ignitor module temp fitted. These are Bosch units used by VW/Audi, so easily available and cheap.
Pt No: 0 227 100 211

27867416087_f01c21bef9_c.jpg

Last edited:
Got the wires all sorted. Sleeved them and made off the end connectors. Looks much neater and oem now.

42770438091_191bf4fdc7_c.jpg

Tested each coilpack to make sure they were all firing, and in the correct order!

40958978270_e285558603_c.jpg

Also testing out my Bluetooth connection that I made earlier on. No more wires. So much easier tweaking the ecu now. The wired connections are still available though.

Last edited:
Decided to see if I can make the Bluetooth adaptor more compact, and also add the voltage divider onto the main pcb.
Managed to fit the modules over the top of each other. Just need a box now.

28152997437_fe575f344a_c.jpg

I decided that as all my interior is blue along with the electronic stuff, that I'd fit blue leds to the dash. First attempt. There's not enough light spread to light up the needles properly and also the resistors that are fitted are to small in value. The leds kept failing after about a week or two.
35646597115_1d4f128a26_o.jpg

So after a rethink I fitted white leds (which are closer to the blue spectrum than normal filament bulbs) in blue holders with the correct value resistors (620ohms).
Much better. You can't tell from the photo very well as the camera corrects the blue hue somewhat. But suffice to say it's better and blue.

35516208481_09a3081a75_o.jpg

Silly question time :)

Did you get a standard kit from Ebay or how did you go about this?

I figured you might not have gone the kit route :) The T5 led holders being the black led holders right? EDIT......Just looked online and answered my own question :)

Last edited:
Dropped off the mid spoiler at the bodyshop earlier, so now we'll have to wait and see how long it takes to fill and spray.

Got the spoiler back from the body shop. So rather than just bond it on, I thought id bolt it on to strengthen it.

Opened up some existing holes and also where the body shop had to drill to put pins in to hold it whilst spraying.

45269292231_a67ebebd5a_c.jpg

Then pressed in and bonded some nuts with black epoxy resin.

44547590914_24fd857764_c.jpg

Put some temporary bolts in with some silicone release agent on to keep the threads clear whilst it hardens.

45219840672_e36b867808_c.jpg

44547640004_42670cd1ae_c.jpg

Now all I need to do is wait for the pu adhesive to turn up and the weather to get a bit better.

Well the weather was nice today so i thought i'd fit the rear mid spoiler. Still not got the Sikaflex PU to bond it and make it watertight yet. Should arrive tomorrow hopefully. Still it'll be good to drill off all the mounting points and make sure it fits well.

Cut the heads off a self tapper and a bolt(ground it to a point) so that i can mark on the hatch where to drill.

45266817202_56db5bc6c5_c.jpg

43500262920_afd43784c7_c.jpg