• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Agent_Sm1ths Activ

Made up a new power supply for the on-board cameras. Too wet to fit it at the moment. Rubbish weather.

35646519955_dd1a9f5684_o.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered some suspension from Andy @h701micra.
Certainly won't be ordering any other stuff from him. What a farce that turned out to be. Had to get solicitors involved to get my gear.

Last edited:
Ordered a rear towbar for my other spare Micra SE so that I can tow a small trailer. I'm not blogging about the other car though, as it's just a runaround so I can work on this black one.

Last edited:

Fujiwara-Ben

Site Supporter
Just been reading though your blog and i love what you've done with your K11C! :)
It's gotta be one of my favourites, and i look forward to seeing the turbo conversion

Fitted a towbar to my spare car so I can move stuff around without messing up the boot. Also more camping stuff space in the trailer.
£71 eBay couple of hours to fit.

34837512803_a4a3b27493_o.jpg

Last edited:
Well all the Megasquirt kit is held at customs currently so I'll have to wait for a letter and pay a fee most probably.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Micra Sports Club mobile app

My Rising rate fuel pressure regulator came from the states. FedEx automatically paid the import tax for me when customs held it and then sent a letter billing me for it when I received the item. After tax my $180 item cost £160 I think it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for those of you who want to know about the soldering, here's what I use for pretty much all my electronic projects.
ERSA 80A Iron. Its adjustable up to about 450degC, which is nice when I'm outside and it's cold. I can still solder larger gauge wire.

34805147584_cff9c8ecaa_o.jpg

Here's the soldering tip size I use for electronic projects.

34805146674_a045c6887e_o.jpg

And the solder. It has to be top quality if you want a quality job done.
Over 30yrs of messing with electronics, I've found this to be the best to work with.

35606883906_a8f590c0c2_o.jpg

Yes it's a little expensive @£46/roll, but for the average jo it'll last forever.

Last edited:

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Cool project :)

I recently got a 60W solder station from my local Maplin to tackle all the wiring on the SuperS that needs doing, (nothing that technical though) but it's made the job so much easier!

Cool project :)

I recently got a 60W solder station from my local Maplin to tackle all the wiring on the SuperS that needs doing, (nothing that technical though) but it's made the job so much easier!
Absolutely. Great place Maplin, they do some good stuff. So much better soldering wires and sleeving them rather than twisting together and covering in insulation tape.

MikeHP

Site Supporter
Then I picked up the bad boys at the scrapyard.

I've been thinking of doing Ka seats for a while - do you think you could let us know how well/easily they fit when you get round to it?

I like your car BTW - it's similar to how I'd like my 2nd FL to be except I'm an oddball that actually likes the contrasting colour on the bumpers/lower body. I'm really interested to see how the DIY ECU goes and the modded LED headlights were an inspired touch!

OK; so to fire the coilpacks on the Micra I can't just use the output pulse from the MS3X. I need high current coil drivers. That's what these are, bip373's.
I'm just waiting for a box to arrive to put them in, and then I can mount it in the engine bay to stop any interference.

35516156491_25596cefee_o.jpg

I'll document the build when the stuff arrives.

As a little subnote, I should mention that if you use coilpacks with built in igniters such as LS2 coils, then you don't need the bip373 drivers as the MS3X can drive these out of the box.

Last edited:
So while I wait for a box to put the coilpack drivers into from China, I thought I'd make a start on fitting the Ford Ka front seats.
I've removed the mounting brackets off the Ka seats and just need to pop to the scrapyard to remove some from a Micra. I'll put up pictures and maybe a YouTube video when I get chance.