Aftermarket Headlight LHD/RHD question

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Basically...

I brought some headlights from an international seller... He told me they are for english RHD cars but I am not sure that is true when they have just been shipped from Taiwan...

Is there any way I can check if they are LHD or RHD quickly before I sign for the parcel?? (Obviously open it etc but how can I check on the headlight which side of the road they are for?)

he thinks there taiwanese lights as there fron tailand insted of the uk...

dont the japs and tiwans drive on the same side of the road?

I know that, I was asking which ones he had bought as I know certain ones are supplied right or left hand drive.

wikipedia said:
After 1946, China standardised to driving on the right, possibly due to the popularity of American cars (mostly LHD)[citation needed]. This rule was also used in Taiwan after the Republic of China took over Taiwan from the Empire of Japan after World War II.[citation needed]

thanks for the help.. hopefully nex will stumble across this thread later then lol

*trips over large bit of thread*

HI!

from what information i have about those lights is that they are for RHD cars because they are custom assembled and fitted with a projector lens for either left or right hand drive.

BUT that doesn't mean they will be the right ones. only way to test them is switch them on and point them at a wall, the shape of the light needs to be something like this:

**\
**\_____
*******¦
________¦

he says he hasn't bought the projector ones nex.

DOH! yea i see, erm well in that case i would have thought they are not going to be RHD but the quickest way to check, is looking at the reflector, it will be shaped to project light to the wrong side of the road.

thanks nex & modded micra.. i got some idea of what to check for now :)

yea its real easy, look at the crystal lights that are on ebay. you can see in the pic a smooth part on the reflector, that should be on the other side of your new ones.

nex, sorry to be a pain, but could you just get a pic and put a mspaint style red circle round the smooth part you mean?? (lol sorry :$)

marchHIDbk.jpg

the smooth bit on the right of the light in the centre

Back