Aftermarket ECU's

3ddice

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

I have a 92 JDM micra, just recently got it, im looking to modify it, but i have sevral questions about the ecu. Is there an aftermarket ecu avaliable for them? if so where can i purchase one. Also can the strandard ecu be reflashed and remapped?

/3ddice

ed at fusion can make your standard ecu mappable, you also have the piggyback ecu option but with setting up it'll cost a similar amount to a full engine management. My advise if you go for a full engine management ask the company who they recommend to set it up. Lots of tuning garages will only map the power curve which is brilliant if your going for it but no good for every day driving.

I have one in my car, a significantly better option than a piggyback. I used to run an E-manage and a re-mapped standard ECU is better in many ways!

The car is setup on NME 256 cams, full exhaust system etc etc and easily passes emissions come MOT time, which was ALWAYS a pain on anything else.

IMO, the best alternative for plug and play option and significantly cheaper than going for a complete aftermarket ecu such as OMEX, DTA, Emerald etc.

Back