aftermarket boot/fuel remote release fitting

another mod for kaths k11
i decided to retro fit the original tailgate and fuel filler remote release cable to her car the problem that came across is on the donor car there was a 36mm hole with a rolled edge in the inner sill to accomodate the return spring for the release lever i didn't like drilling this size hole as i thought it would weaken the inner sill since i couldn't roll the edge to give the hole some extra strength so this is what i have done to overcome this problem

this is before the mod with spring locating in the hole in sill

originalspringposition.jpg

after the mod with spring located under the release handle

newspringposition2.jpg

doing it this way the head of the cap head will now locate in the recess in the inner sill and sit flush with the sill the only holes i need to drill now are for 2 m6 screws to secure the lever in place

just waiting for the paint to turn up today from nissan then jobs done, paint and lacquer from dealer just under a tenner for it

hope this is of some help to others

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Nice - I'll be looking at that if I ever get round to fitting the cable and release. I'm currently opening the boot and reaching into the inner wing to release the flap every time I need fuel :laugh:

Nice! I don't want to make a new topic about almost the same thing...Hope is here somebody who can help me.. I just want to have a remote tailgate opening..but here is impossible to find a car with that...I will be very happy, if here will be somebody who will take a photo of mechanism, which is instaled on the edge of boot on chassis...I have no idea how it can looks...

Nice! I don't want to make a new topic about almost the same thing...Hope is here somebody who can help me.. I just want to have a remote tailgate opening..but here is impossible to find a car with that...I will be very happy, if here will be somebody who will take a photo of mechanism, which is instaled on the edge of boot on chassis...I have no idea how it can looks...
i will get some pics up 2morrow for you the 2 differences are the striker plate on the body has an extra bracket with a cable in it and the boot door's lock has a lever hanging down from it

here are a couple of pics as promised for you of the 2 halves of the boot latch assembly they are a direct replacement unbolt and bolt in

Photo0155.jpg

Photo0154.jpg

Thanks you a lot ! In a tailgate I have the same part, but I have never seen the part in the 2nd picture.. How I wrote, it's almost imposible to get it on a scrappy here, so propably I will manufacture it myself, so really thanks ! ;)

Hello

micra 2000 iam trying to do the same with my 1997 nissan micra L a boot cable and petrol flap opener tell me is your car a left or right hand micra. I got a cable from the scrapyard but i think he gave me one of a left hand micra is it possible to post some pics of the cable running to the petrol flap and tailgate. My micra never had one from new but has all the spaces for the bits to go on to it also does your micra have a light in the boot on the right hand side.

hi fob12
our car is right hand drive 3 door the release lever would be different i.e. the mounting bracket would be on the wrong side ,i will roughly measure the length of the cable and post the approx length ,i am not removing the seat but i know where the cable runs so from above the seat i will measure the length,a lhd one would be considerably shorter if the fuel flap is on the same side as the driver.
obviously the release lever is on the drivers side the cable then goes under the base of the back seat, then under the side panel on the passenger side and over the wheel arch to the fuel flap after that it passes straight on to the boot locking plate ,when the locking plate is fitted the cable can only be routed one way once in position tape the cable to the panel in the boot,under the back seat you will see some self adhesive disc's they actually cover the holes that you use to secure the release cable to the floor so no need to do any drilling either i will get a pic of the cable in the boot tomorrow and post it for you.

Thanks much appriciated i fitted the lever today only to discover that there are no holes for the lever like yourself also wondering were to put the lever i might pop it net to the seat theres a lovely spot for her there

small11022012392.jpg
Thanks much appriciated i fitted the lever today only to discover that there are no holes for the lever like yourself i have some pics on my page also wondering were to put the lever i might pop it net to the seat theres a lovely spot for her there

here is a pic of the cable coming from the fuel flap to the striker plate (locking plate) for the boot door

Photo0168.jpg

and here is a pic of it coming from the fuel flap to the striker plate

Photo0169.jpg

to overcome the problem of not having the large hole in the sill i removed the riveted part that holds the lever together and then re assembled it the other way around so the spring was under the handle (see pics in earlier post) this way i didn't have to cut the inner sill all i done then was to drill 2 5mm holes and using the original self tapping bolts using a cordless driver screwed the 2 bolts into the 5mm holes job done.
if you didn't want to take the lever apart then you could make a spacer out of wood to go around the spring take a small piece of carpet from under the back seat and carpet the wood so it looks right.

deadly stuff mate thanks so much for the help might have a go at the lever tomorrow and a boot light so far i have the cable in

deadly stuff mate thanks so much for the help might have a go at the lever tomorrow and a boot light so far i have the cable in

for the boot light fitting i have wired ours in so that it comes on with the side lights but you can use the locking latch in the boot door as it has an earth wire coming off it to connect to a boot light you will just need a permanent live supply for the light.