Advice

Hi all I hope somone can help
I bought a 1991 micra k10 1.0 ls a couple of months back as a bit of a fun run around and hopefully to tinker and learn with. I basically know the sum of jack s##t about working on cars and its taking its toll searching on google.
I dont have huge plans for the car but I want to lower it 35mm all around , looked on ebay and found pi springs , I thought that I should probably update the shocks too? I found these are they any good? For the price
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-SHOCK-AB...-K10-1-0-1-2-1982-92-/381308612742?nav=SEARCH

Anyone got any recommendations? I searched on ebay at kyb , bilstein , monroe etc but cant find any to fit....
Any links appreciated

Sorry for the ramble its the beer...

Fujiwara-Ben

Site Supporter
New shocks is a good way to go to improve the handling a bit. I would go for standard OEM K11 shocks (as they are stiffer than the K10 shocks and are a bolt on fit), standard cheap K10 rear shocks. Then get some 35/40MM lowering springs.

That'll give a nice improvement over how things are at the moment with 20+ year old shocks, but you'll still be able to go over bumps! Plus you can always chop a coil off your lowering springs if you want to go lower ;)

If you can find any, I'd recommend going for gas shocks, as they're much better than stock oil ones. I'm running a set of KYB Excel-G gas shocks all around and Lesjofors -35mm springs and they provide for enjoyable handling, while still making it possible to go over bumps. Definitely a massive improvement over the tired, leaky stock set-up I had.

Having just lowered my k10 by about 2" all around I would definitely suggest some uprated shocks but I think whether or not you go for either gas or high performance shocks or just go for the k11 ones should be decided on how you want to drive and how comfy you want it.....I cut my springs to get a feel for the shocks before I choose either coilover or just lowered springs with better shocks. ....and so far my decision is not to go for coilies as my driving style doesn't warrant it, and the shorter springs make a huge difference, however, the stock shocks are a bit mushy so I'm gonna get a set of slightly harder ones. So in short, harder shocks are fine but I want a comfy drive to work too

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thanks for the replies guys , would of replied sooner but have been sunning myself in sunny weymouth on holiday , where I saw a white k10 which is the first I have seen since buying mine! I think I will probably go for the k11 shocks and lowering springs as I think it will be a cheapish option , when I getmy ass in gear I will put a blog up of what I have done so far. Keep up the blog shaned , really enjoying the story of toothless mike and wish I worked as quick as you!

Ahhh Weybiza.......quality

I've not seen a single k10 on the road since I got mine ......

I reckon that suspension choice will be good for everyday and a bit of hooning now and again

I look forward to your blog, don't won't about the pace you work at, I'm just lucky that my hours are very odd and I do long shifts that give me loads of time off .....you'll get there in the end !

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Micra Sports Club mobile app

I have given myself a deadline of the end of july as I want to take the car to simply japanese at beaulieu motor museum! :) hopefully it wont be the only micra.....

Sorry to hijack your post, I'm new here too and was just wondering, would k11 coilovers fit on a k10? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk