Advice

TWINCAM

Ex. Club Member
Ok so iam new to the board and micras [but not to nissan]. Been thinking of keeping it and doing it up, its a 1990 1.0l GS, great brown interior [think its the original radio/cass and speakers they work great to], good mechanics and underside, quite scuffy bodywork [had some bad repairs]. I bought it for £200 and am pleased with it.
But am not sure about it now, i need some reasons why i should keep it, the only reason why i can think of is to run it as a practical classic [and i guess its a cool car right?], but i can't afford at the min to put loads of money in to it [only thing it really needs at the min is new suspension really].
Please convince me, if you do i will join up full membership tonight, and will come down to santa pod [still on yeah?]. I will also make a real effort to keep and do up the micra, wanting to maybe keep it standard as a classic.
Twincam [Aidan]
Oh and this is a great place, with some really smart, knowledgeable people here.

Welcome! Another North-Easter :)

This is a great place, Micra's are largley underestimated Iv never been let down by mine yet and its never needed any major work on it. I trust it to start every morning and it has without fail. This site is a great resource for anything Micra related you wont find this depth of info anywhere else, if theres anything you want doing or want to know the people on here can tell you :)

First of all the micra k10 is one of the most reliable cars you can get!

My sister ran hers 128 miles with the oil light on before it started to make funny noises, then it kept going on and on till she eventually topped it up!

Another case is my old red micra i had...clutch was slipping in every gear, 136,000miles on the clock and was still going!

Ive drove a long distance with no water in the system, overheated but no damage was caused to the engine.

Nissan Put a lot of time and effort in designing the ally block that the micra runs with, i didnt need an engine crain when taking the engine out! :)

I am now on my 4th micra and ive had all sorts, but all k10s ;) And i wouldnt change that!

Still not convinced??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micra

Have a look at that for some more info ^^^^^

http://www.micra.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=74

Check that out for ideas etc ^^^^^^^

The suspension would be a good place to start, Im set up on KYB gas shocks and lowering springs all round, and what a difference!!:love:

www.buypartsby.com <--- thats the website where they can be found. £200 gets you the lot! and there not hard to fit at all!!

Thats another thing i like about the micra k10, there soooo easy to work on!!

I had no previous experance on engines, but i managed to change the water pump, cam belt, crank case covers, adjust the ignistion timing, replace a whole engine....all this with just minimal tools and a haynes manual!!!!

You dont have to put the money in now, just a bit here and there would be good enough!

Joining up will give you access to the guide section and there is a set by set guide on how to lower the car in there, unless you already have experiance to do something like that.....

Well hope this makes you keep your micra and start modifing it! if it doesnt then ill be sad :(

Welcome to the club mate, good buy by the sounds of it. Think the bestn thing you can do first is a service. Oh yeah and get yourself a haynes regardless of your motor experience its a god send!

Also on your service i would change your vacuum hoses coming out from the carb (these ten to rot after 18 years) and adjust the rockers. Details can all be found in the Haynes or on the forum.

gotta love the brown interiors :)

id say so long as there isnt anything lurking (rust wise) that would kill the car off and you want to run/own it (the most important part) then you can easily get it lowered, after all if its broke you may aswell upgrade :D and then have a blast about with it.

out of the two k10's ive had only one had a running issue and that was fixed with a simple carb switchover...apart from that never had any problems at all with them.

Back