Advice please!

Had a micra a few months back as my first car so i know how fun they are i want to get into rally/rallycross/track so i need a nice shell and a list of bits and pieces that would make the best motorsport micra i can get for as cheap as possible plz help :)

drand

1st Micraversary!
What's your budget? You'll need a couple of grand realistically to get started in rally, plus a budget for maintenance and event costs.

Trackdays you can do for the price of a car; strip it out, bucket seat and harness and you're good to go.

There's also grass tracking, oval, autotests, autosolos, sprints, even trialing that might float your motorsport boat.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Where are you based? Find you local motor club and find your local small club events which you can do in a totally standard car. The targa rally we are doing this weekend can be done in standard cars. See my blog for more on what we do www.mattendean.co.uk

OP
OP
Derek1234
Was planning on building the car up from scratch so would take a while but anything i can compete in im only 18 and am on apprentice wages :( also havnt really raced before so only a newbie and im based in aberdeen so i dont know if there is any clubs near by

For the majority of rallies a national B is all you need, go on the MSA website and you'll see more. I think shamalan, or another member, had a build somewhere detailing all the costs, think he made one for about 4k all prices included. Could do it cheaper...

Or, go on eBay and get one for about 2.5k up, much cheaper than doing it yourself and saves a lot of hassle. Just check everything's in date and not worn out

OP
OP
Derek1234
Cheers guys will check all that out not really wanting to buy a pre built one as kinda want to do it myself for abit of fun never know where a project will lead might go from a rally car to something else but cheers for the help last question can you pick up a running micra like safe to drive for less than like £400 all i need is the chassis tbh

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
Yep, I am sure you can get a micra with MOT for that money, as I say you can do LOTS of events with a standard road car with MOT & Tax, get to your local club and get out on some events.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
meve8yze.jpg

My bone stock K11 on her first autotest! Great fun.

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

drand

1st Micraversary!
Best thing you can do is contact your local motor club(s). Have a look at their websites, read past event reports and study the regulations. Go to a club night and talk to people who do what you want to do. It's really straightforward to get started in grass roots motorsport and it you can do most things in a bog standard road car. I wish I'd done it years before I did!

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Cheers will have a look at finding a club seems to be the place to start :)
That's exactly what I did. Very easy (and cheap) to get involved, and great fun! Micra's are almost built for autotests!

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

OP
OP
Derek1234
Haha i had one as my last car but had to sell her was so gutted only like 24000 miles since 01 wish i hadnt now like got to have a micra in your life :)