Advice on replacing wheel bearing

Hi guys,

I am looking for instructions/diagrams on how to change a rear wheel bearing for a micra 1.2s 2003. Looked everywhere on the net, no luck. Been quoted £90.00 by kwik fit - don't fancy paying that! Can get the bearing off ebay.

Any advice would be appreciated.

or you could take it to nissan and moan? that 's what i did!

i made my (shouty) case to my west london dealership, saying that the component had failed catastrophically, on a car - only just out of its 3 year warranty - with only 25000 miles on the clock.

they suggested i get it fixed (and billed) then that i should apply for some compensation or good will gesture to nissan.

not likely.

it started to fail when i was in cornwall, so i rang the local dealership. they were horrified, and changed it on the spot, no questions asked, for no charge.

now that's good service.
You may find that smaller regional dealerships are more accomodating than most.

good luck!

Hey, where did you find the bearings for your K12? Lately I've been annoyed by the sound of the bearings and I need to change them... I'd like to buy them on ebay but I have no luck finding the part... Thanks!

Resurrecting an old thread! There are loads on eBay at the moment. Mine really need doing at 97,000 miles, I'm pretty sure I can actually hear them :suspect:.

Cheers Kennie, how do you pull the drum assembly off the stub axle? Is it tight?

you can use a few different methods slide hammer or a hub puller http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-PC-GEAR-BEA...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item588c84ebd1 or do what I did and just take the nut off release the hand brake of course and give it a hit with a 5LB lump hammer keep turning it when your hitting it, hit it in a motion from the rear of hub to front as if your skimming off it, you will move it enough to put a large flat bladed screwdriver behind hub and back plate then put light pressure on screwdriver when hitting it...........took me about 15mins using this method be careful not to bend backing plate and don't belt it so you crack drum.

Back