Advice on power steering

Stani1029

Club Member
So my girlfriends brother has had his micra a few months and hes wanting to remove the power steering completely. Is it a case of just removing the pump/belt/bottle? And everything will be hunky dory? :) thanks

gonna be a bit heavy tho eh stani, they,re a quicker rack, and you will probably have to join the pipes together

A bit heavier than a stock non-power steering rack? And join what pipes together? I had it in my mind there are different types of racks for power/non power steering and i dont fancy helping him engine in car lol

the p/s racks are 3.1 turns apparently, and non p/s 3.8, and if you leave the p/s rack in the fluid will piddle out the pipe fittings when you turn the steering, and dry out and seize :eek:

hi i am a new member to this site can anyone advise me on how to remove the power steering pump struggling to remove banjo bolt on the high pressure fluid hose union i am frightened i may break the bolt??

Ive done a couple of conversion from non powersteering to powersteering, on prefacelift. if you take it off you need a differnt pully for the waterpump and a different belt. Other then that they can be swapped over without problems (so far for me).

Back