Advice on mot fault

Looking to replace my k13. The car I'm interested in has noted on the May 19 mot Suspension arm pin/bush.
I have no idea what this means or if it is worth buying the car and getting it fixed, or should I steer clear? Had micras for years and haven't had this fault on any I've owned.
Many thanks

The pin bush in the lower arm is not a costly or difficult repair. It may indicate collision damage in an extreme case if it’s just one side but is more commonly due to a lot of city and roundabout driving... it wouldn’t put me off although the newer k13 do have issues with munching through wheel bearings and clutches at low mileage so watch out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t mean to imply a collision with another car but more like lurching over a kerb or grinding into one at speed (15 or so mph is enough to do some damage and bend things).

9 times out of 10 it’s just down to normal wear and tear.

If it has been in an accident look for different shades of paint. Overspray. Check the shut lines on the doors and bonnet, run your hand over the car and feel for any evidence of repair like dents, different density or consistency or smoothness of the paint... surprising how many cars are in accidents and it’s never declared...

Back