Advice on K11 Standard parts.

Scott Cruz

Ex. Club Member
Hi people, Im looking to customise my 1997 K11 Shape, but I want to use standard Micra parts that would have been available on a 1997 Micra.

I have a couple of questions that I am struggling to find answers to though!

Firstly, did the Shape come with the option of colour coded bumpers or a spoiler?

I currently have those moulded black bumpers on my purple car and no spoiler.

Id just like to know about that one, but its not really an issue if no one knows because I have discovered that most K11 parts are interchangeable between cars.

My main hassle has been finding out about wheel sizes.

I fancy having the car on a set of steel wheels and having them painted white.

I am currenlty sittin on 13inch steels, but I'd like to know if any 1997 Micras came with larger, or more specifically wider steel wheels or alloys as a standard option.

I saw a couple of Japanese cars on here yesterday that were seriously lowered and had nice wide wheels... i dont know about the lowering because theres a lot of speed bumps around here, but I really liked the look of the wide wheels.

The reason I want to stay as close to standard 1997 Shape is because my insurance company arent too keen on me doing mods to my car. grr

I want to keep all customisation as close to a standard car as possible, but make it look a bit more eye catching. :devil:

Thanks people!

P.S. Heres a link to a pic of her sitting in front of my house currently with on 1 modification... I bought new wiper blades!

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=4771443390&PhotoAlbumId=8976458001&PhotoId=9138444343

On the pre-facelift model K11 (which is yours) You can buy the front and rear bumpers from the Super S model which alot of people have done.

Also the wrap around spoiler can be found on Vibe/Super S/Si/SR models (think thats right?) and can be fitted to yours with some drilling and bonding :)

As for the wheels,i think the majority of K11s came with 13" steelies. Lowering is a good modification to do,but depends what look your trying to achieve. Also depends on the local environment ie speed bumps etc like you mentioned.

Have a look in the For Sale section as theres always people selling the Super S bumpers and spoilers :)

the facelift came with 14inch steelies but you won't get any wider steel wheels from a micra, unless you get them done by widewheels.com

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Ive had a look at some pics of the cars suggested, thats exactly what I was looking for.

I think I'll be going for the spoiler and bumpers from a Super S, but I dont think I'll keep the fogs.

I might have a go at taking them out, removing the slats and filling the voids with some race mesh.

Not entirely standard, but meh! :p

May do something similar with my grille to tie them both in.

If I cant go wider on standard wheels I dont think I'll bother changing. A gain in size of 1 inch doesn'nt really sound worth it to me.

I think I'll stick with the 13s and just get some white paint on them... I saw in another thread that its a common theme and I think it will be catchy against my purple bodywork.

Thanks again!

i will have a smooth boot with a sr/ss spoiler on it and super s bumpers for sale soon fella as soon as i take them off my car im stripping let me know

When it comes to modding your car you can get away with some things, for example meshing the bumper, if you inform your insurance company the slats where missing/broken when you bought it and just say you added mesh to protect your engine bay from stones being flicked up by cars in front or whatever.

I know a member told his insurance his interior was rotting and thats why he stripped it out :p

There are ways to get around things that are not so much performance based

When it comes to modding your car you can get away with some things, for example meshing the bumper, if you inform your insurance company the slats where missing/broken when you bought it and just say you added mesh to protect your engine bay from stones being flicked up by cars in front or whatever.

I know a member told his insurance his interior was rotting and thats why he stripped it out :p

There are ways to get around things that are not so much performance based

Cheers Rob...

I like the mesh as stone protection line... I think ill try that one and see what they say!

Back