Advice on exhaust

D

Deleted User

I took my 1.2 to a powerflow dealer today, he said that it would be very difficult to put an exhaust in the middle, he said it would also be costly and would loose the spare saver wheel compartment as well.

Is this the case?

I got the quote for one that will replace the original backbox, centre pipe and fitting at 220.00, but I'm unsure of where the cat is on my car.

I got my 1.6SR a new catback powerflow last saturday, had a twinpipe fixed in the middle of the bumper ' like the new minis'. On Adam's advice I got it fixed on the spare wheel area, no prob whatsoever from the RSR garage in Croydon. Charged £280 plus VAT but man, does this little beast roar. I am so happy with the nice tone and the look, already getting so much head turns.

The cat is after the manifold and before the middle box . The only prob was that they had to put a small back box so that it does not get damaged on speed bumps, am not driving the car in the middle of the speed bumps. Will show the photo once I get it uploaded. Try another Powerflow fitter or get them to call RSR stafford road, they just fixed mine last saturday.

Thanks for the advice then guys, looks like I better go asking around then.

Hey ian, how you doing? I am putting my little 1.2 through some radical changes so I can use it as a track car, so I am going to get the most stupidly loud back box and straight through I can possibly buy for little cash, lol. I was possibly going to keep the NISMO one though for my brother as he might buy a Micra and the backbox is a great piece of kit and very expensive as well.

just rememeber on a track your exhaust can only be something like 109db loud. I think a powerflow one will be much louder than 109db.

If you want an exhaust for track use i would just save you money and buy a full nismo exhaust system including the manifold. It'll give you much better gains than a powerflow one but'll cost an arm and a leg to get it.

Back