Advice on buying k11 learner car with issues

Looking to possibly buy a k11 as quite cheap to learn or keep for a few months

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Windscreen chipped
  • Offside Front Seat belt buckle slightly damaged drivers buckle outer casing missing (7.1.2 (d))
  • Nearside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material end of front to rear pipe slightly corroded (1.1.11 (c))
  • Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive inner sill (5.3.6 (a) (i))
  • offside rear light lens damaged
  • This is August mot pass
  • I can possibly do some of this work but is this normal micra or possibly a rust bucket

I had lots of issues but the rust is the first to consider not having that and second is in what shape the engine is. The first becomes not only costly but welding it up for a year MOT means there are other places going bad and therefore require preventive steps. The engine, well you can use Datascan for that with the FSM but it depends on who you are, use a timing light? Do know what lambda and MAF is used for? Also expect for 400 coins you will buy another ones misery. But I did it two times with the CG13DE it surely is doable. But for the rust, there are two types of k11, one like I have with weak rear sills and the revisioned with better sills. Rusting sills and forefront are the main rusting spots and for a proper running engine best bet is low mileage like under a 100k preferable 60k better 45 and you still will have to set it and maintain it preferably with Datascan. On the other hand if you can get a k11 for 400 - 500 coins with a year MOT and check for rust and put your diy skills to it, where if needed, bought parts will be transfered to another 400 - 500 coins Micra, there is not much you can do wrong. But it still does mean you need to diy it since for example a busted rear light (hole) letting a professional do it, it costed me 10 coins for the part.

Back