advice on a citroen ax p reg 1.0l 4spd

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
just had a phone call off my old man and tomorow im probably going to be getting a citroen ax as in the title, anyone had any experince with these? or know of a forum i can ask a few questions. i want to find out the things to look for on the car and maybe a rough price on second hand value? its in good nick apparently runs ok and doesnt burn oil. im thinking could be a nice run around for a few weeks and make a bit of cash soon as the micra is back in full swing

just had a phone call off my old man and tomorow im probably going to be getting a citroen ax as in the title, anyone had any experince with these? or know of a forum i can ask a few questions. i want to find out the things to look for on the car and maybe a rough price on second hand value? its in good nick apparently runs ok and doesnt burn oil. im thinking could be a nice run around for a few weeks and make a bit of cash soon as the micra is back in full swing

Not a bad little car, my mate's got one and never changes the oil, it still runs ok and is very reliable for him(except when the battery runs flat as he hardly uses it).
but the engine sounds rough and chugs.

There very rust resistant, however check for rust at the front end of the sill next to the wings and beneath the bonnet.

The seats are suprisingly comfortable, however the pedals are very close togeather, and it is very easy to press two pedals at the same time.

alot of them dont have powersteering, but you dont really notice that while driving
The gear shift sweeks when shifting, but hasnt caused any problems for my mate.

Check the boot closes and locked properly (sometimes the boot feels loose even when locked)
(the boot is made of fibre glass so check it isnt cracked)
the door locks feel flimsy (that still hasnt changed for citroen)

check the sunroof is not leaking as sometimes moisure can get in the car through here
The fan speed control breaks easily, so does the parcel shelf hingle support and the petrol cap isnt to strong either.
But other than a few minor problems, they are a great car.

resale values are probally about the same as a k10

I purchased a peugeot 106 xsi 1.4 about 6 months ago, and they are like the ax, these are built like a tin can, my xsi absoulutly flies though, 100bhp standard!!

Back