adjusting headlight height/vertical

i replaced my right headlight recently

but now the headlight is looking pretty much straight - i'm probably blinding drivers on the other side of the road.
the headlight adjuster dial doesnt do anythign anymore.

i read that the grey screw thingy on top with the philips screw insert adjusts the headlight - but it doesnt seem to do anything when i turn it in either direction. tried on the other side, and it didnt seem to do anything.

so, how can i go about lowering the headlight on the righthand side? could it be that the headlight isnt seated correctly? it is really hard for me to get my hands in there, and i had to remove that connection next to it to have enough space. that connecting where you have to press in that wire going across and pull up. not even sure what that is. getting the bulb bracket back in its closed position was super hard for me.

Could the adjuster be broken?
i don't know. is there a way to check? but none of the manual adjusters seem to do anything.

i wanted to take out and reinsert the right bulb, maybe it's not seated correctly, but it's so bloody cold here now... and no one flashed their high beams at me yet, so it's ok for now lol waiting for a mild day to do that

Even if it wasn't seated right, the level should still move up and down.

Did the replacement come with the adjuster motors fitted?
Do you hear the motor move if you change the height control in the car?

Even if it wasn't seated right, the level should still move up and down.

Did the replacement come with the adjuster motors fitted?
Do you hear the motor move if you change the height control in the car?
yeah it moves when i use the height control in the car. both move up and down, but the right one is just aimed higher than the left one, which wasnt the case before. thats why i think it might just be a mis-seated bulb.
i only replaced the bulbs! not the headlight assembly or the manual adjuster.

its still very cold here and i have problems getting my finger in there, so i dont want to try this now...

Just the bulb? I thought you meant the whole headlight.
In that case it's either the wrong bulb or seating.
oh no sorry, just the bulb, not the whole headlight assembly

yeah i figured. i bought a standard h4 bulb so that should be fine. i installed it at night when i was asa shop in the next town - i only noticed the bulb being out when i parked in front of a store window and there i could see that only 1 bulb was working. bought the bulb in that shop and installed it right then and there, and it was difficult because dark+cold, haha.