Adjusting CG13DE with Datascan, timing gun

Hi there, I happen to have a GA16DE and a SR20DE in another Nissan but I do not have the CG13DE any longer. I am aware where it's idler screw is located also I am aware what the timing marks are on the crank pulley but I will help a friend adjusting his car.

Complaint is won't pull before 3000 rpm, bucks when cold and something to be aware is, drove like 3k miles a year.

I recommened him to just change the fpr vacuum and it turned out this hose was cracked. Mileage is 40k.

Please give me some advice on what to check or what can be adjusted besides idle and timing, TPS perhaps? Car will arrive wednesday.

Check spark plugs, fuel filter, set the timing properly (First set it in idle/timing mode with datascan, adjust idle to 700 rpm and then set timing to 17 with the timing gun and turning dizzy). And check the sensors like temp, maf, o2.

Okay that sounds like a good start, you know the owner (Jan). But for timing, 17 is no problem? If I remember correct, Ga16DE has to be 10 degrees +/- 2 and can be put to 15 according to Mike Kojima. 17 sounds more like Sr20 to me? Just wondering since my Micra is at 13 degrees to be on the safe side, it runs a bit lean.