Adjustable Cam Gear - Pics

Hi Folks, do any of the micraholics on here have any pictures of the CG adjustable cam gears?

Im sure i've seen some in the past, im struggling to find them now.

Many thanks

Paul

it was ebbdude

1/4 way down this page
http://www.ebbt.no/ebbs-maxi-micra-project/

Ta Paul, sort of like those but the ones i'd seen have a separate bolted plate that moves independent of the sprocket like these

0000292_circuit_sports_sr20det_adjustable_cam_sprockets.jpeg

I dont like the peg on the cam not resting against the sprocket to be honest Paul.

Cost / ease of manufacture isnt a problem luckily as they will be designed & made free of charge.

both of them don't rest solid against the sprocket body either cos they both provide room for "adjustments" when the bolts are slack.
it's the job of the sprocket bolt and the allen bolts to clamp and lock the sprocket face against the cam end.

wish I had stuff designed n made free :p

If i can get a set made up & working well im sure he'd be happy to make a few more sets fella's

yeh hes a good mate

Thats why im after the actual Micra ones as they looked to bolt on good and solid im just very weary of the sprocket moving!
Clamping force >>>>>>>>> chain forces

I shall go count now for you... I happen to have just taken a set of cams out of another ga :)
Also have a cg engine.. I'll whip a sprocket off and throw up a comparison photo if you like?

nice to see micra_pete logging in from time to time :cool:
i,ve been running filed dowels for years paul :) use threadlock of you,re worried about them shifting
Ta Frank that's the plan at the moment for resetting the cams, just with the offer of the adjustable ones thought I'd give the idea a go :)

Had a spare set of 1 litre cams sat about so I thought I would look into making them adjustable. I managed to tap the original dowel holes In the camshafts so it can also be held by an allen key bolt aswell as the main bolt

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back