Adding an immobiliser LED...

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
as a deterrent...

I just want to add a LED light to another car of mine as a deterrent... where can I get such a LED? its not the led im concerned so much about but the power saving.. on my k11 when the car has not been started for a while the led flashes dead slow... I need to get that sorted too... so some kind of attachment...

thank you

You can get these from most electrical places, i choose maplin, try www.maplin.co.uk

or even eBay.

It shouldn't run down your battery because LEDs take Milli amps, which is nothing!

I would recommend replacing both of them at the same time

ok the led is not the problem now and neither is the recess - i chose a square one

the problem is timing... something to time the flashes and slow them down... and wiring... into the cig or cd? or the ignition?

thanks

Why don't you just buy a real immobilizer / alarm and the LED etc will be included! and it would be functional too, rather than a fake!

ok the led is not the problem now and neither is the recess - i chose a square one

the problem is timing... something to time the flashes and slow them down... and wiring... into the cig or cd? or the ignition?

thanks

you can buy self flashing LEDs that have the timer built in. and you need to wire it to the battery or else it will only be on when you are driving the car

Put a capacitor and some resistors in a circuit, if you know how to do that??:p

but yeh, just buy another, the circuit comes with it.

NEW Twin Alarm LED's (Red)

I know PRISM have brought out a set of Alarm LED's that come in red and you can fix them to your headlights. They work off your existing Alarm / Immobiliser either run off the Negative line or have your own switch. Product code is a PN720R can be obtained by most motor factors or they should be able to order it in.

the car has an aftermarket Cobra immobi. but just doesnt have the LED...

capacitors are easy...
just didnt know about the self timing ones...
only want it on when the car is off...

cheers for the replies so far

errr guys the cobra isnt working and is out of warranty...

would this be ok?

http://www.toadalarm.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=74

still no led though... the sterling excel...

thanks

Back