• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Adam's K11 Facelift Blog.

My little car came to me/my partner by way of both my parents passing. It's a 2000 K11c, or so I believe? I am NO expert as some very kind people on here can confirm :)

Anyways, it's got about 112,000 on the clock(seems strong in general), has had the MAF on the throttle body replaced and now runs well again. Exterior is okay, bar some twat creasing the passenger side a while ago and driving away without taking one ounce of responsibility! Interior is good. Some of the usual issues have already been attended to, ie sills welded to get through MOT 2 years ago, alternator replaced, nearside reversing cluster replaced and, some missing parts sourced from the scrappy.

I am going to work on the cosmetic stuff for now as I have other financial obligations to attend to until I can throw some money at this! The car looks tired, cosmetically, so I am going to start there for now :)

This will always be about the car being a daily runner vs some of the stunning ones I have seen on here. That said, doesn't mean it cannot be tarted up a bit, right? Also, nice to keep the little car alive after the owners no longer being about...

Will post some better images eventually, some quick snaps just to be getting on with.

We are in the South East, Kent......reasonably close to the water.

Engine bay was pretty tired so, tidying that up, got some replacement tin for the manifold etc. New expansion bottle owing to the usual fingers through the old one etc, etc, etc.

I will take better pictures tomorrow.....it's what I do for a living so, these are garbage and fast shots to illustrate what has been said.

zugrgz.png

2ron9jk.png

Only a one litre S but, it works and, as a runaround car, it has been ace.

Last edited:
Me too!

Just plastic primed the 4 bumper inserts, got some satin black on them as well. Had to stop as the wind has picked-up.

MUCH better pics tomorrow vs hasty ones thrown up on here.

Once these are sorted and in, want to blacken the front badge and get the 'chrome' stuff off the front grills. MIGHT use a paint pen to pick out the lettering in silver, not sure yet.

25hpwnr.jpg

Getting those front grills out might be fun, seem wedged in there, no screws/bolts on the back where they should be....I wonder if the previous owner stuck them in? Joy!!!

Once these are sorted and in, want to blacken the front badge and get the 'chrome' stuff off the front grills. MIGHT use a paint pen to pick out the lettering in silver, not sure yet.

25hpwnr.jpg

Getting those front grills out might be fun, seem wedged in there, no screws/bolts on the back where they should be....I wonder if the previous owner stuck them in? Joy!!!
The second facelift doesn't use screws to hold it in (though I think the screw points are still there). There are maybe 6 clips holding it on from the back. A screwdriver will help pry them open, it's tricky.
I would recommend finding some grilles from a first facelift. They look much nicer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Makes sense.....the posts are, like you said, still there!

Will have a look at the differences, either way, I do not want the fake chrome look so, will ditch that stuff :)

TY!

Trial fitting of the black handle from this k11 at the scrapyard, which is an S reg...LOVE that colour!

35jgio1.png

Before and after.....will now take it off and clean all the glue off the back.

ngu64z.png

The second facelift doesn't use screws to hold it in (though I think the screw points are still there). There are maybe 6 clips holding it on from the back. A screwdriver will help pry them open, it's tricky.
I would recommend finding some grilles from a first facelift. They look much nicer.

Just looked at the pictures I took from the S reg one at the yard.....I see what you mean re the screws. I see what you mean re the difference with the strut in the middle, ie side to side vs floating on my one.

6s4abk.png

Will go back and get these tomorrow, along with the manifold and cat tin. Both of mine are pretty ratty.

173dqt.png

3539hj9.png

Manifold tin, ratty and missing a clip or two for the sensor wiring.

141jxw1.png

Blue one has tin and, the lodger has moved on so, not disturbing her.

2vw8gtl.png

Last edited:
HA! Get out of my head.....I was looking at the photos I have of the 4 at our local yard, spotted the smaller badge so, needs to be matched to the one on the back! Will remove it from the blue one when I get the other bits and pieces tomorrow.

The grille will go black as well :)

Already had the MAF off of this one, the expansion bottle and the bumper inserts.

2af0vg3.png

I want the petrol filler flap, the petrol/boot release too!

b4dmpd.png

Need to figure how to get that flap off/open as I seem to remember the release not popping it. Also need to figure the way the cable is routed as well and how to get to the screws under the carpet vs just cutting the carpet....in case someone else needs the carpet.

Had a go at the engine bay, started cleaning some of the black plastic, looked so neglected.

Also, removed the battery pan and tarted that up a bit, sanded down and sprayed the clip that holds the battery in place. Forgot to do the bolts!

3357f34.png

10zwrw8.png

Need to get some of that black plastic restorer for the rest of the stuff in here and the pipes, all looking beaten and neglected.

All the pipe clips look rusted so, need to remove and restore those too!

The air filter clips look horrible, are they easy to remove or will I break the plastic doing so?

2uxz029.png

rocker box needs to come off and be painted then the letters sanded back....I want to get rid of those vile screws holding it on, what is best to replace them with? IE allen key bolts?

You can so see what I meant about the tin and lack of clips for the sensor.

Good and bad day at the scrapyard yesterday.

Got the fuel and boot release mechanism....damaged 2 things in the process, pics to follow :(

Got the earlier grills...3 screws and they just popped out, nice and easy. Smaller badge obtained too.....Needs to be sanded, primed and then blackened :) MUST get a silver paint pen to pick out the 'Nissan' lettering.

nxlsug.png

Petrol filler flap decided to mock me! 2 SCREWS REFUSED TO BUDGE!!!!

2v9t8vb.jpg

And what's the deal with that little black plastic screw holding the cap to the flap? Nightmare to get that off, I have yet to solve that one on mine so I can swap it out with the new one.

I assume the fake chrome stuff is held on by these things on the back? haven't explored properly yet.

ta5114.png

Had to reassure the wife during the France Argentina game, her being French and all :)

Got various other bits and pieces, small stuff.....nearly have everything I wanted.

Could NOT get these bastard engine tin things off! Will go back with a hacksaw to make a slot for a screwdriver! Suggestions appreciated!

2pobadk.png

2dw5dn8.png

Good and bad day at the scrapyard yesterday.

Got the fuel and boot release mechanism....damaged 2 things in the process, pics to follow :(

Got the earlier grills...3 screws and they just popped out, nice and easy. Smaller badge obtained too.....Needs to be sanded, primed and then blackened :) MUST get a silver paint pen to pick out the 'Nissan' lettering.

nxlsug.png

Petrol filler flap decided to mock me! 2 SCREWS REFUSED TO BUDGE!!!!

2v9t8vb.jpg

And what's the deal with that little black plastic screw holding the cap to the flap? Nightmare to get that off, I have yet to solve that one on mine so I can swap it out with the new one.

I assume the fake chrome stuff is held on by these things on the back? haven't explored properly yet.

ta5114.png

Had to reassure the wife during the France Argentina game, her being French and all :)

Got various other bits and pieces, small stuff.....nearly have everything I wanted.

Could NOT get these bastard engine tin things off! Will go back with a hacksaw to make a slot for a screwdriver! Suggestions appreciated!

2pobadk.png

2dw5dn8.png
Careful with that plastic nut holding the flap release. That was the missing piece in my one for well over a year.
No need to separate the grille further, just paint those badbois.
Those heat shields are absolute assholes. To get off my existing one during my engine swap I just barbarically hammered it until nothing held anymore... good luck :/

Some better shots vs the original crap ones.

t8qjh4.png

Need to swap those orange repeaters over for the smoked ones, paint the side trim(for now), do the door handles etc etc etc.

Every now and again, I see our neighbour looking at me working on the car, catch a look that says "not as nice as my BMW." Well, it's nowhere near as expensive on a monthly basis either, lease payments, services, insurance etc etc etc :)

30naj2a.png

For the fuel flap keep the original and bent the tab just a little and then it works both ways by lock or lever and if you pull the carpet back you will find a template for it, use a tank cutter and feed it through

Beautiful day so, been painting!

Side trims, door handles, new smaller front badge and older grills.

I moved the car over into the empty bay, overspray is a nasty thing...funny to watch our idiot neighbour come running out as I was masking the car up....Like I would spray so close to theirs.....some people eh?

2dbp5cz.png

2gtyng5.png

24n4jk7.png

2mfzx28.png

297nu8.png

23rlqix.png

1zp1ilk.png

LOVE frog tape, no bleed/mistakes...worth the extra money.

Last edited:
Need to pop the freshly painted grills into the front, and remove the large badge and replace it with the smaller black version. Getting there re the cosmetics....real work starts sooner than later though :)

What a day at the scrappy! Great quality replacement carpet, the main one inside....£10!!!!! That was fun getting that out however, sorted it :)

Removed a really good tow bar and bracket, mine is ratty as hell! Included in the £10 price above.

Various missing bolts and pieces I want to replace.

Best part? As I was leaving, Micra appears on the forklift....'New' one and, fuel/boot release mechanism on it!!!!! Retrieved without breaking this one, fuel flap too!

Shame England are losing!

Here we go again :)

Mk II facelift, Y reg, 30k and a steal from an older couple, had engine issues(ie the MAF had gone!).

One train journey to Gloucester later and, 1 swapped MAF, drove back to sunny Kent and never missed a beat.

2cmqi4k.png

Mechanically it is stupidly sound and no rust whatsoever!!!

Not a fan of the colour but, can't have everything...

Will start with the cosmetics as per. Plastic drips down the side, bumper inserts, door handles, bumpers, faded pink trim around the reverse lights, fog inserts and plastic insert on the tailgate light thing.

2vvta21.jpg

2v12iow.jpg

30xeur4.jpg

30bk5k2.jpg

9prw2o.jpg

2vvqe1h.jpg

104f668.jpg

282qn38.jpg

NOT hideous under the bonnet but, will be a lot cleaner once I address the spiders and dust...replace the rocker box cover with a nice painted version....not a fan of this red on the car but, suppose it is that or black for the rocker box cover?

Paint code is Z10 K....Not figured that out yet, any clues?

23hsrck.jpg

3cw9d.png

11u9v2d.jpg

I have a spare throttle body(or two) so, seeing as it was allegedly the issue, may as well clean one of the spares, get it all sorted then pull the current one, readjust the throttle cable....somewhat sloppy and see what gives?

TB from the yard, obviously sat in water etc as exposed to rain and so forth.

2dadhe9.jpg

2ztc6qb.jpg

vdlnxu.jpg

js20c8.jpg

Sat in a gunk bath, gaskets and sensors/plastic from the top of the TB removed.

Last edited:
Many thanks to Micra S on here for the correct sizes for the TPS and other sensor, name escapes me right now....IE the Torx things.

The MAF requires a TS25.
The TPS requires a T20.
The Idle actuator requires a T27.

I am no fan of having to guess or buy multiple tools so, many thanks for the correct info, hope it helps someone else like me, who is not overly 'mechanically' inclined.

Once I have gone over the casting of the throttle body, inside and out with a small wire brush to remove anything else vile left behind, I will put the small green gasket back on where the actuator bolts on, put the MAF and TPS back on and put the mesh, plastic thing and retaining clip back on the top of the opening.

The plan is to then unbolt the one on the car right now and do a straight swap...any thoughts or concerns welcomed :)

:)

9h1lqu.jpg

rr2ia1.jpg

2cqd4ky.jpg

Prep is everything when doing this, took a lot of time but, no overspray anywhere and super clean lines.....gotta love Frog Tape.

Need to address the ****ty plastic wheel things, wheels eventually but for now, I am pretty happy with the exterior....Side indicator lenses need swapping for the smokey ones :)

Last edited:
Our neighbour has a newer car, a Ford Fiesta and that is a brighter red so, this one seems dull and lacklustre in comparison.....not hideous, just not as bright, wrong shade of red for me.