accidents

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Well I just came back from the meet and the people who were there saw the damage done to my car. Driver side. I swear it was the other drivers fault. Why else would my d side be damaged and there passenger side scratched?

Well i was turning off left at a round about and as far as i know she came in a tried to overtake me. More damage was done to my car. Hers was like a scrap a little dent and a wheel trim broke. My front driver side bumper was dented a fair bit.

not worth it mate. Changing a bumper and maybe wing isn't going to cost that much, especially having an AJ4 K11, millions of them in scrappies!!!

only if you decide to make a claim on it. I think you can report it but not claim, or you could just leave it and see if you get a letter through lol.

Attachments

• DSC00115.JPG
    DSC00115.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 245
Aint to fussed bout that. Just if she claims not heard owt and this happend around 6

I cant sleep now Im too worried Just if she tries and claim my excess is about £450 which is stupidly high just for a little dent.

Contatct your insurance company and tell them that you do not want to claim. That way IF she does claim then you have covered your back by telling them.

You will only lose NCB if you claim. IF she does claim however then you will have to try and fight it. Do you have Legal cover? they will defend you. If it comes back 50/50 with the insurance companies then you will have to pay for your own car or your insurance will fix it (your choice) and she will do the same.

so just ring tell them. TBH its not worth me claiming on a bumper. Only have 1yr NCB I really hope nothing comes of it. If she dont ring today she wont ring at all

This is what happened to my car and my car came out worse!

Attachments

• Photo-0064.jpg
    Photo-0064.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Photo-0065.jpg
    Photo-0065.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Photo-0066.jpg
    Photo-0066.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 165
Do you have Legal cover? they will defend you.

I disagree, I had an accident my fault, and a person in the other car worked at the same place, we had proof that she had NO time off work, and had gone out drinking the night after the crash too. So, it was a shock that 6 months after, she had been sacked and claiming personal injuries and loss of earnings. I contacted the insurance with all the proof that she had no time off work, and had proof that she was not injured.

The insurance companies response was that "We're paying out, it'll be cheaper than if we go to court and lose" So that went on my premium.

Contatct your insurance company and tell them that you do not want to claim. That way IF she does claim then you have covered your back by telling them.

You will only lose NCB if you claim. IF she does claim however then you will have to try and fight it. Do you have Legal cover? they will defend you. If it comes back 50/50 with the insurance companies then you will have to pay for your own car or your insurance will fix it (your choice) and she will do the same.

No I dont have legal cover and its been about 20 hours now heard nothing from them.

i had a tiny wee bump a while back and heard nothing for months then i had a lawyers letter saying i was to pay the excess of the third party insurance policy or go to court over it. The police were at the crash cos they were dealing with a suspicious death across the road and seen everything and also noted that there was no damage to her car so i she got told where to stick it!

As for your damage - a good heat gun and a good kick will get that bumper back into shape unless you have damaged the brackets bud!

Daz

Yeah there was no witness's so as far as I know it never really happend. Il give it till next monday if heard nowt im sorted :)

Well it turns out shes put a claim in against me. Even tho it was her fault and Im not even claiming how annoyed am I?

Worst that happens even if I lose is I lose my NCB and my insurance goes up slightly. Dont need to pay owt!

Sorry to say it but it was always going to happen. People will claim for anything and try their luck always.

Stupid cow,

I would have made her admit liability at the scene and then claimed off her insurance straight away.

My almera gti got crashed into by some stupidass woman... she admitted liability and the claim went though and her insurance paid out to me. 6 Months later she tried to claim on my insurance for personal injury!!!! obviously with there already being a claim in my favour for that accident she got no where - but point is most people will try anything, sucks but good luck try not to let her get anything if it was not your fault.

Back