Accelerator sticking

Hi again all,

Just a quick one - hopefully easy to fix. I've noticed the accelerator pedal sticks in position (non-depressed) sometimes, and is nearly always stuck in position when I go to drive to work in the morning

It then requires a bit of pressure to un-stick it, and all is well, for about 10 minutes then I'll notice the same again. It's not a problem for me, as I know only to press it in a little way to unstick it and then it's fine, but the missus tends to give it a bit too much pressure and ends up overrevving it, then cursing the poor car

I don't want to hurt its delicate feelings so if anyone could tell me where to look for the source of this problem and where to fix it I'd be very grateful - I would guess it's just some sticky crud built up somewhere which causes it to lock in position when left in place for a while. But I haven't the foggiest of where to look

Any help much appreciated
Thanks
Jim and Micra

frank

Club Member
jim

i had the same problem when i was resetting the fast idle mech
there is a cam shaped plate that holds the throttle quadrant open when cold, and it can jam on the throttle when closed
you have to adjust the allen screw (the one with the 8mm locknut)

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I got my accelerator stuck on in my cinq.. turned out there was a rubber boot on one end of the cable that had got jammed up, so i took it out.

That was a fun drive home, using the clutch to control my speed o_O