abs bleed valve

As far as im led to believe there are only four bleed nipples on the system, at the two rear wheel cylinders and the front calipers mate...could be wrong but iv never heard of bleed nipples on the ABS pump itself

right..thing is i have changed the fluid to a silicone one so i had to pump all the old stuff out.

i was told that the abs system needed to be bled too.

ive seen it done on audi's/seat/skoda by sticking a machine on to the ecu that turns on the abs pump then cracking a pipe on the abs pump n bleeding it that way the normal way of bleeding through nipples on the 4 corners of car didnt work had to work the pump with machine
just crossed my mind but also master cylinder could you bleed that?

probably put dot 5 in, i doubt it will help you at all unless you've changed the flexi hoses and calipers

and there isnt a bleed nipple on the abs unit, bleeding the system the normal way should be ok

i have new hoses and new pads,

silicone fluid doesnt accept any water either helping the life of the brake lines etc..its also got a higher boiling point to give a firmer pedal

thanks for the help guys.

how do u find the effectiveness of the brake setup compared to standard? is it worth getting done ?

thanks stephen

As far as iv been told, DOT 5 is not compatable with DOT 3 or DOT 4 systems it will perish the seals on the components (calipers etc)

Taken from xs11
Fluid Compatibility

Brake system materials must be compatible with the system fluid. Compatibility is determined by chemistry, and no amount of advertising, wishful thinking or rationalizing can change the science of chemical compatibility. Both DOT 3-4 and DOT 5 fluids are compatible with most brake system materials except in the case some silicone rubber external components such as caliper piston boots, which are attacked by silicon fluids and greases.

its silicone fluid..it wont even take paint off the car

it does say on the tub.not compatiable with some citreon and rolls royce systems ,because of the seals they use. most cars will be fine to run it

and if the seals do go in a couple of years thats the price i am will to pay for a good braking pedal

i have to argee with the new guy, people do the same upgrade on their 300zx's, stainless steel flexi hoses and dot 5 brake fluid and this is done on cars that are alot older than the 160sr and they dont have problems, one thing tho, i dont recommend you go from dot 5 to dot 4, from my experience they dont mix very well and cause alot of air bubbles in the fluid,

if anyone is going to change to dot 5 properly you will need at least 2 litres of dot 5 fluid but if it was me i'd use 4 litres of dot 5

One good way to improve pedal feel is to invest in some braided brake lines-IMO the brakes on my 160SR are sh*t hot, I've never had them fade in 13k of pretty hard driving and they stop well. Pedal feel is good although the ABS is a bit too eager, but that's the price you pay-at the end of the day it's a warm shopping car, not an all out hot hatchback. :)

i said i has braided hoses :D

my uprated brakes faded quite easily ,,it only takes a few 100mph braking to do that
i cooked my standard pads and discs very quick.

my pedal feels good now even when hot but the pads still give up and fade

Back