abandoned projects

frank

Club Member
this club must have the highest proportion of abandoned projects of any forum, worldwide :suspect:
what is it with the british mentality ? people give up too easily ffs fwn

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
but in fairness frank,

unlike every other guy with a corsa or saxo or the like,

micra stuff is rare as hens teeth and its bloody expensive and nearly everybody on here buys them as starters cars for cheap motoring, so its no reason.... oh whats the point in writting this lol

our mentality sucks and most of us dont have the paitience lol

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
but in fairness frank,

unlike every other guy with a corsa or saxo or the like,

micra stuff is rare as hens teeth and its bloody expensive and nearly everybody on here buys them as starters cars for cheap motoring

indeed - whoever grew-up dreaming of owning a 200hp Micra?? :doh:

it seems like we get alot of new drivers coming on here saying X, Y and Z - they start out, then either loose interest or move on, and fair play to em..

a micra wouldnt be my first choice of car - either as a family run-about or as a weekend play-thing, but it seems that those that it does bite it bites hard - peeps like Nex etc just go to show the K11 can get under your skin pretty easily :p

Shero

Ex. Club Member
mines is still getting built, and should be ready in a few weeks. well, until i get parts for the next bit.

I just spend more time in the garage that loding pictures up on image shack. lol

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Ongoing the last three years and its being driving for all of that time except 2months during an engine build(Y)

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
I have abandoned mine because life comes first, I'm not going to give up or sacrifice a career for a car.

I'll have nowhere to store it, I may not even have any off-road parking. And I definately won't have room for a 2nd car to use while 1 is off the road.

Yeah, a turbo micra is great, but not as important as life.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
The micra engines only go up to 1.3, most people want sommat bigger eventually. I sold mine to buy a bike, much faster and more fun.

Plus you soon get fed up of everyone taking the p1ss,

B14KLR

Ex. Club Member
All depends on who does the work to your really! when mine was initially taken away about 18 months ago i was told it was going to be a few months. i have recently asked for it back in whatever condition its in and i will finish it elsewhere. im not mentioning any names, dont think i need to...

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Im looking for my second Micra, and I only intend in spending 100's of hours on making my drawings come to life :p and I hope to follow my project to the end. Its true what people say though you either like a Micra or you worship it :D

banned_rj

Deactivated Account
this is richj, I have been banned, but wanted to say, My project has 1.3 engine in k10, everything bolted up, just a few finishing touches needed. If I can't find someone willing to take over the project I will have to scrap the car (due to no longer having storage space). Anyone interested in (the first?) running k10 cg13 please email me.

[email protected]

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well, i just ran out of money and realisticaly when i could have a toyota MR2 with 158bhp, 0-60 in 7.2 secs and electric everything, handling beyond my capabilities and some street cred for £850, why would i spend £700 on a stainless manifold for a micra (when a stainless one for a saxo is £149, mr2 is £179, even a tubular tig welded stainless manifold for a 200sx is only £300)
again, a turbo kit for a micra is £2000+, a turbo ENGINE for a mr2 fitted is £700.... with over 250bhp on tap.

its all about relativity. i would love a full on works spec nismo cup racer, but i dont have the £20k needed to import one. nor do i see the point other than showing people what they can do.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
The cost is what you make it.

Still a shame to see projects not getting finished, knowing how much it would have bugged me to not finish mine.

Though i do agree you really have to want to build something...tbh no matter what car i own, im gonna be spending extra money on it, so to me it makes little difference. Having said that iam now seriously looking for my next project car...after all theres no harm in looking, is there? :)

micras69

Deactivated Account
:glance::glance: shame on you kris ;):laugh: o.j

just RWD urs kris that could be the next project?

but im still going on with mine! i dont think i will own anythink outher than a micra (as my toy car as i still need a family car) but the way i look at it is.. the money i would spend on a diffrent "better car"...just spend the money on the micra and it will be faster, look or be better than the car you were going to buy. after all i have owned a micra since i was 15 so if i was to move on i would be out my coumfort zone and i dont like the sound of that. plus i would feel a trator :D

Think peoples eyes are just bigger than their stomachs sorry to say. Yes unfortunately a lot of parts for micras have to be either custom or imported and this is expensive.
Perhaps not a car for the younger less patient modifier.

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Think peoples eyes are just bigger than their stomachs sorry to say. Yes unfortunately a lot of parts for micras have to be either custom or imported and this is expensive.
Perhaps not a car for the younger less patient modifier.

Thats why the micra appeals so much to me, originality FTW!

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Mine might look like a abandoned project but it aint, it's just a lovely home for spiders, lol. Money is the problem, getting married in 5 weeks, not much money going into the Micra, but still doing my spoiler, anybody got any fibreglass hardener they don't want?

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
well i decided not to give up on mine i am gona try and get 150-160 bhp na out of mine just reading up on what is possible

Robb

Site Supporter
Nowt wrong with the CGA :)

Unfortunately Antony's sentiments are bang on (dunno about £700 for an ss mani), i have had ideas for projects that i havent even started but they would have to be on a second car and i dont have the money. What is also unfortunate is i dont think my next car would be a micra unless the missus were to, dare i say it, pass her test! and we had a car each :)

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
mine will be with me until i finish it and then for a long time after i hope.

my student loan will be a very useful comodity!

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
as much as i agree doing 'serious' projects on a micra can be bit over the top price and time wise. i think they are good cars and if you stick a janspeed on one its fast enough too.

mr2s 2.0 turbos etc are great but i think they will soon be forced off the road if im honest (road tax to carbon unfriendly cars and ####-take petrol prices). its sad becuase its all a load of bull#### anyway but i think thats the way its going. if it doesnt ill probably try and get myself a mint s14 touring silvia in a few years time ;)

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
There a very high drop out rate on this forum i agree, but equally as others have said no one here (except a few) have much cash to spend on thier projects.

I gave up on mine and to be fair, as much as i would have liked to have finish it, i'm glad i didn't

micras69

Deactivated Account
i dont understand how everyone says its ££££££? ive turbo'd one of mine for less than £600, i find its just a case of looking in the right place and having a go yourself and the most inportant one...research!

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
i dont understand how everyone says its ££££££? ive turbo'd one of mine for less than £600, i find its just a case of looking in the right place and having a go yourself and the most inportant one...research!

Dunno bout everyone else here but I rarely have a spare £600 or a spare car to turbo. I wouldn't want a turbo'd micra as a daily runaround

Bash1989

Ex. Club Member
sold mine to a decent bloke then the front cross member came off apparently, so lucky escape lol, but theres a micra that has sparked my interested *rubs hands* lol

For me the same,fought for years on my project,save for years mony and did it.
Can tell people it's more fun drive ore race in a micra then a big car....
I had to race to a 300hp, 200sx turbo and i drive side by side with him...
That's why i dit my project.
It's all about hp/weigt.....