A word of warning

M

mr rob

Hey,

firstly Hi long time no post,

secondly can this be made sticky please Ed?

Finally, A word of warning to anyone buying or selling items on the MSC, I sold my exhaust in December on this site and was paid by paypal by a member (he is no longer a member). Unfortunately the member used fraudulent Paypal details and I had to return the £130 my self to paypal.

Having repeatedly tried to get my money from the member he stopped replying to my emails and I have had to resort to taking legal action and asking Ed to ban him (which he did immediately)

Please be careful when buying or selling on here (or anywhere for that matter) as this despite being rare is happening and is not plesant.

Anyone caught behaving in the disgraceful manner this member was will also be banned

Word

Rob

Not sure I can tell you but it is important to be very carefull especially when you are paid via paypal as you have no protection when you don't pay through Ebay... (I think)

Have a look for who is banned (its not micra pete) im sure your dective work will find the thief.

but there are two banned people anyhoo its a 50 50 guess and a clue is he's a DR of mobile phones

really! i've been e-mailing him but he hasn't been e-mailing me back, i wondered why he'd been banned.

i'm sure it's just a mis understanding because i've heard nothing but good things from the guy.

you heard wrong I'm afraid, the fact he used fraudulent details then danced about avoiding paying should give you an insight into his character, should he pay up (plus my legal fees) I'll be fine but until that moment I'm a tad on the £160 worse off angry side of pissed off

well i don't think i should say anything but he got sacked recently and he's just had a kid too so i can't imagine he's too loaded. and the last i heard he was having to sell the micra just to get by......

Well perhaps before buying things he should make sure he has the money in future as I said all I want is the money I'm owed and for other people to be aware of the situation

fair enough, but when you have the cash and you're ready to pay for something and then something unexpected happens then you have no choice but to spend the money.

anyway i don't know what the situaton is, i'm just giving him alittle defence seeing as he can't post himself....

anyway the fact remains he hasn't paid and I gave him enough warning about taking legal action. I believe that he'll now have a ccj or similar and his credit rating will be poor as unforseen as circumstances were would you spend £130 if you didn't have it.

If anyone needs to take legal action for money they are owed the process is simple and can be found here:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/index.jsp

Thanks to Ed for the link it'll cost you £30 to do but it is worth it to get your money back

For all those questioning the sanity of this don’t bother. It’s as clean cut as they get. He obtained goods by deception and has had more chances than anyone deserves to offer an explanation and either send the goods back or pay for the item. I have no sympathy at all for people like this.

thisd is the thing that makes me angery about Paypal - they say its all safe and secure and that you will have no problems with it... then it takes them 2 months to find out that the account is a fake or he cant pay his debt on it then you have to pay the money back - sorry but that is just wrong...
i also thought they had some sort of fraud insurance scheem going?

Splank, your right its why even though I use paypal i think its rubbish. I think its stupid that the liability lies with the seller, when paypal dont do enough to vet people who use it, and when there is no way for sellers to check. That is why internet ebay/paypal fraud is so rife!

Back