A Scary experience...

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

i would just like to tell everyone what happened today if you dont mind.

i was just coming onto a small roundabout near where i live, i looked to the right to the next junction to see if any cars where coming, there was a car (blue volk golf) but it was NOT quite at the line yet, so i proceeded to enter the roundabout. I looked out my side window to see this car accelerate onto the roundabout just clipping my back bumper sending me into a slight spin, so i quickly exited to roundabout to get out of the way only to find the car right up my back bumper swerving all over the road, flashing his lights and making guestures out the window, this went on for 1/2 a mile untill he got fed up of me not reacting and continuing as normal, a T-CUT later my car is good as new but i cant believe this incident, its really shaken me and my girlfriend who was also in the car. Anyone have any comments on this?

cheers (a very shaken)

Steve

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
This happened to me the other day, I pulled the bloke over and he started having a go at me, I asked him to refer to the rules of driving where you give way to the right, he then apologised lol.

It's quite scary at the time but it could have been worse, you did the best thing by not reacting.

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
That's shocking!!! What was that about?!
I would report it, if you have enough details. Nothing will probably happen but it's worth a go?

At least you're ok, shaken but ok. That's all that matters :)

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
it was really bad though because it was in the type of area where if i had stopped i wound have been either ran over by him or punched

well put it this way the micra is in the garage just incase he remembers the car ;)

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
That's the problem with driving a pimped out micra, people remember you, that's why I always carry protection, if they attack I stretch a condom over their head.

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
i wouldnt say mines particularly pimped out, yes it has tinted back windows which came with the car and allloys also but everything else is standard, its just a 'getting to work car' atm. i would admit honestly if i was driving like a loon or if i retaliated or even guestured back, but i didnt i just didnt see any need for anything like that and plus he ACTUALLY hit my back end! if it was much harder im sure i would have spun out but thats my opinion, i suppose i will wait longer at roundabouts

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Technically he was in the right, if i see someone approching a roundabout but not at the lines then i'll wait for them (since he was coming from the right), it annoys me when i go across a roundabout and someone pulls onto it even though they can see i'm coming, however he was totally in the wrong hitting you. You should never be going so fast that you can't stop when someone pulls out.
I'd say thats a 50-50 incident, but maybe he wanted your insurance details...?

Oh and one of my friends spotted you taking the car home, on the M62 near leeds! :) Said he thought 'ah Rich must've sold it!"

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Thats the thing - we just don't know what these people are like. he might've wanted imp's insurance details, or knocked his block off. Who knows?

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
lol hehehe was great on the way back lol, i would say he was about 10 - 15 ft from the actuall roundabout but he wasnt going fast but he accelerated towards the roundabout because on my way back somone stopped me and said he was wheelspinning up to the roundabout! but no harm done cars fine ceirwan no probs :D

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Always expect the unexpected on the roads these days. There are so many nutters out there who will deliberately get into situations to claim insurance, whiplash, etc, or just out to cause trouble.

Robb

Site Supporter
Grrrr some people are nutters! Ive been in a few similar experiences where traffic is slow moving and you pull out with plenty of a gap i.e. so not cutting anyone but the car thats approaching speeds up on purpose to try and cause trouble!!!

that happenened to me a few week back with an old shape saxo vtr damn i went after him and he never got far luckily enough he stayed in my mates street so alot of things happened lol i aint very nice when people p*** me off it happend last night with a feista zetec s damn i was in a bad mood last night he got a bit of a fright when i slammed the anchors on why is it people think micras are slow and that elderly people drive them ???????

Hyundai

Buy & Sell Member
that happenened to me a few week back with an old shape saxo vtr damn i went after him and he never got far luckily enough he stayed in my mates street so alot of things happened lol i aint very nice when people p*** me off it happend last night with a feista zetec s damn i was in a bad mood last night he got a bit of a fright when i slammed the anchors on why is it people think micras are slow and that elderly people drive them ???????

You should use full stops, that passage nearly sent me to the hospital.

---

Anyway, you need to be careful with these kind of people, someone like this will put a knife through you.

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Cos micras are slow and elderly people drive them

Lol as much as i didn't like to admit it, its true, whenever i see another micra its usually got someone hunched over the wheel hands shaking!
Sometimes you get ########s trying to cut you up deliberately.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i had a couple of guys in a fiesta come screaming up behind me at well over the 30 limit and yanking the hand brake on and screaching to a halt about 3ft from my back end....

this happened about 4 times. so i accelerated away and turned into the road blocking it.

i got out......opened the boot and gestured to them if they wanted to get it....

they just sat there staring at me...
so i walked up to the car with my hands in my jacket pocket (non threatening) and he locked the door, screamed and reversed at full throttle for aaages before he just sat in the road about 150m away from me. i just laughed. i only wanted to ask him what he was doing?
so i got in my car and drove off...
some people are just muppets on the road and untill someone stands up to them. they will keep on doing it..... most people dont expect anyone to get out of their car and walk towards them...... that alone is usualy enough to scare them into not doing it again.

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
humm

even if he did want my insurance details, i was certainly not going to stop as he would have killed me as the area is known for shootings :S

i thought at the time 'who will run out of fuel first' i had just filled mine up and i expect it would have been him screaming its little cylinders like a ###. :D