A quick Hi from me

Hi there.

I just joined up as my Fiat lease is coming to an end and I'm looking for a runaround for a while...
I have always loved the 'K11' Micra and intend to purchase one.

Joined here to have a look round and maybe ask some questions etc

Feel free to say hi!

Beth. x

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I leased a Fiat 500x and kind of decided it's a lot of money to do 5 miles a day. So began looking around for something cheaper (but still cute!)
The K12 not cute enough for you Beth? After a 500x a late K12 with all the home comforts of the Fiat, and a quirky look, would be ideal. I paid just over £1k for my K12 Sport+, with ABS, aircon, 6 CD head unit, full compliment of airbags, 160SR body kit and 16" alloys, all factory fitted..........

The K12 not cute enough for you Beth? After a 500x a late K12 with all the home comforts of the Fiat, and a quirky look, would be ideal. I paid just over £1k for my K12 Sport+, with ABS, aircon, 6 CD head unit, full compliment of airbags, 160SR body kit and 16" alloys, all factory fitted..........

I think the 'K12' looks like something off Cars the movie!

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I think the 'K12' looks like something off Cars the movie!
Now what's not to love?
20031126191114_2.jpg

I suppose it's a 'Marmite thing', I feel much the same way about the standard K11, very old fashioned styling. Now if you want 'old fashioned' cute then it has to be a Figaro ;)
1200px-1991_Nissan_Figaro_%28E-FK10%29_convertible_%2826452674766%29.jpg

but one of those would probably cost you as much as your 500x.....If you are only doing such a low weekly mileage I recon you need to go back to Saab, you could get a very nice ten year old 9-3 convertible for about 3 or 4 thousand, it's a buyer's market, contrary to popular belief spares are readily available for all models except the last generation 9-5 (2010/11)

I only want to spend £1000 tops!

And I don't want to have to shell out massive amounts on repairs.

I love the Figaro, but they are incredibly expensive for their age and also almost every one I've seen has lots of rust on it.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I only want to spend £1000 tops!

And I don't want to have to shell out massive amounts on repairs.

I love the Figaro, but they are incredibly expensive for their age and also almost every one I've seen has lots of rust on it.
Sadly something that they share with the K11's, never seen a rusty K12 but K11's do seem prone to rust.........

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Well, I had a look at 3 today and wasn't overly impressed with the condition of any... ill keep looking :)
K12's don't seem to rust Beth and they can be obtained as a 1.4 auto.........My 1.2 Sport+ is now 12 years old and there is not a spot of rust any where on it :cool: MPG on a run, (not driving too slowly ;)) is around 43, local stop start runs, or driving it like I stole it, around 38mpg....
fm3NMaa.jpg

They weren't rusty (That was my first question when I enquired) One was covered in dents on the passenger door, One stunk...and I mean stunk of dogs and the other had tears all over the seats!

I can't get to love the look of the K12 (it may grow on me though!)

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
They weren't rusty (That was my first question when I enquired) One was covered in dents on the passenger door, One stunk...and I mean stunk of dogs and the other had tears all over the seats!

I can't get to love the look of the K12 (it may grow on me though!)
It does have more of the look of the 500X than the K11 though;)