A quick Hi and a cheeky question :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys and gals,

I will start off by admitting that I actually drive a Ford Ka *hides* don't hate me :-(

I'm on your lovely forum searching for info for My sis-in-law who has an R reg in a beaut shade of purple. She's managed to lock the keys in the car:doh:
So I'm wondering if anyone on here would be kind enough to shed any light?

Well, hopefully I haven't annoyed too many of you. I know how cheeky it is to ask for help when I'm not a member (we get it on the Ka Klub forum as well) but I do hope that you will be as nice as we are and give a glimmer of hope.

Right, will see if I can search around here on the forum and find anything of use for her.

Many thanks to you all:grinning:

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
where abouts are you dude? This type of thing I never like to give answers publically.

And nout wrong with Fords, I drive a MKII Orion Turbo!!!

Well when I say drive.....it's usually broken!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I don't think the information on how to break into a Micra is available on the boards - We don't want our cars nicked! lol.

I can't imagine a locksmith or AA will have any problems getting into it though.

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Lamp,

Please confirm you have read this, then i shall delete it as I don't want it here.

EDIT NOW DELETED!!!

OP
OP
L
Thanks Arnold,
I appreciate that the information is sensitive. Have found a bit on the web but it's the usual stuff. I'm waiting for her to call me back so I can tell her that her best bet is to call out breakdown.

I managed to lock mine in when the other half changed the battery for me - for some reason he though leaving the keys in the ignition was a good idea. Doors were closed, and when the new battery went it it kicked the central locking and... there were my keys locked up in my car! I called out a locksmith and got him to cut me a new one at the same time so I could keep a spare in the house.

Just thought it might we worth an ask on here though. Thanks for replying :)

Ollie!!! you're a star *big kiss*
Thanks for being so helpful, it really is much appreciated. Now quick, get it off! :)

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
No problems. I will warn you it can be a realy pain to do. you can sometimes knock part of the mechanism off, so you may need to remove the door card and put it all back together.

OP
OP
L
Update - I've just spoken to her and my brother and they've said they've already tried Ollie's suggestion with no luck. After reading your reply, they probably haven't tried hard enough! Weather here in Wales at the moment is awful so I expect they weren't out too long.

They've decided that the best course of action is to call the AA - after all that!

But a huge thank you to you all for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.