A Question of tyres

Hello every one,

Since this first time I am thinking of buying tyres, I was wondering if someone could guide in the right direction.

Which tyres are value for money? Any particular brand ? What the cheep unbranded? Are they any good?

What 2nd hand tyres?

Your guidance are highly valued and extremely appreciated.

Regards

Last edited:

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Not the cheapest, but Michelin Pilot Sports 3. I highly rate them, ran them on my EP82 and had no problems handling power even in the wet. Considered them on my March, but I bought wheels with Toyos on, which aren't great in comparison.

I highly recommend you don't cheap out on the only thing holding you on the road!

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
:) cheapest are the ones sent over here from Germany as they become illegal their but legal tread depth here we can feed of germans scraps :) called part worn at tyre shops

OP
OP
H
Many thanks to all responses.

The size is 165/ 60 R14 75H.

@r-reg-sr: are they any good?

I had look in the boot the spare is brand new bridgestone one which is hardly used. I might buy only a single tyre to match it for the front keep the 2 good ones for rear.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Not the cheapest, but Michelin Pilot Sports 3. I highly rate them,!

Agreed. I had these on my Civic VTi and had no issues. Great tyre for the money.

I also used to pick up 155/70/13 and 165/65/13 tyres part worn for £10 ea fitted and balanced, from memory they were Ceat Spiders which are budget tier poo but actually held really well!

And what about 165/ 65 R14. This tire dimension is cheaper and the size difference is slight, i suppose. So, I thought maybe to bought those ones.

Has anyone tried 165/65? Would it give some difference on the road?

pollyp

Club Member
if you have 14 or 15" rims, I highly recommend Toyo T1R, a budget ultra-high performance tyre.
£33 each, good grip & steering response in dry & wet for normal daily use, good wear rate & mpg.

when hot & sticky on trackdays it has great grip but the soft compound can overheat & shread and the very soft sidewalls tend to flex alot.

OP
OP
H
if you have 14 or 15" rims, I highly recommend Toyo T1R, a budget ultra-high performance tyre.
£33 each, good grip & steering response in dry & wet for normal daily use, good wear rate & mpg.

when hot & sticky on trackdays it has great grip but the soft compound can overheat & shread and the very soft sidewalls tend to flex alot.

Many thanks Polly,

It's good to hear your ideas.

I have searched for Toyo T1R but AlI could came across was Toyo Nanoenergy3 (165/60 R14 75T). Fron here's http://www.halfordsautocentres.com/tyres/toyo-nanoenergy3-165-60-r14-75t, for £46.99 each.

Now the question is: Is the nanoenergy as goog as the T1R you said? Where to get the one for 33?

Regards

Last edited:

pollyp

Club Member
Many thanks Polly,

It's good to hear your ideas.

I have searched for Toyo T1R but AlI could came across was Toyo Nanoenergy3 (165/60 R14 75T). Fron here's http://www.halfordsautocentres.com/tyres/toyo-nanoenergy3-165-60-r14-75t, for £46.99 each.

Now the question is: Is the nanoenergy as goog as the T1R you said? Where to get the one for 33?

Regards

nanoenergy3 seems more like any budget, hard compound, low wear, fuel economy tyre, not good for grip.
T1R is more for high performance applications.
got mine online from camskill.com

Last edited: