A question about reading error codes

Hi there. I have a 1997 Micra with the 14 pin obd connection.

I recently shorted terminals 6 and 7 to retrieve a fault code.
My question is, can it flash two separate fault codes?
The sequence was - 10, 2, 10, 10, 8.
As in one long flash followed by two short flashes, then two long flashes followed by 8 short flashes. It also seemed to keep repeating itself, after a brief pause. I assume that's normal.

I'm hoping it means error codes 12 and 28, and not code 40 which doesn't seem to exist.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

OP
OP
Rory
Hey frank, yeah, I got that at the start. I also got 2 long flashes followed by 8 short flashes. Does that mean I have error code 12 and error code 28 at the same time? That would make the most sense. Just need confirming though before I go buying parts.

OP
OP
Rory
Yeah it is working. The temperature gauge seems a bit strange though. Goes from the start to the middle in about 3 minutes of driving! What happened before was the engine light came on and it lost all revs. Shortly after it then started kangarooing, and I had to leave it where it was.

Anyway, I've cleared the engine management light today, and it hasn't come back on yet. I've done about 20 miles today, and it's seemed okay. Meanwhile I'll try re solder the MAF circuit, just need to get my hands on a soldering iron!