A noisy puzzle...

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
Right so I think I'm down to my last set of noises on my K10 that I need to fix but everything has got a bit puzzling. Last night I replaced the NS CV joint as it was clicking on right turns but the clicking (almost like a tapping noise) is still there on right turns. I'm going to replace the OS CV joint in the next couple of days, might as well even tho the noise is not there turning left.

Added to this clicking/tapping noise that is only noticeable near to full lock (turning right), there is a rubbing sound that rises and falls as the car speeds up/slows down. Almost sounds like its coming form behind me but can't be sure. This rubbing sound goes away when I am turning slightly right on motorways but is there when going straight ahead or slightly left.

My steering wheel is off centre and has been ever since I made the mistake of taking it to Kwikfit a few months ago to get the wheels aligned. In a straight line it looks like its turning left a few degrees. When I let go, the car pulls itself to the right. It has been like this since getting in aligned but I think its got marginally worse.

I know this is a bit of an essay but I wanted to give as much info as possible. I'm a bit stuck as I was hoping it was the CV joint causing all of that. Any thoughts and ideas are really appreciated.

Thanks.

Back