• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

A new begining. Bike carbed Super S.

Yeah i got tea strainer filters. They use them on throttle bodies all the time. Mine comes with a filter but i am thinking or making a custom ram air intake when my super turbo bonnet comes

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
You do realise that without a proper filter you get about a teaspoon of grit running through your engine every 20mins of hard driving or so. All that fine grit, wearing away at your cylinder walls, piston rings and valves... *shudders*

You do realise that without a proper filter you get about a teaspoon of grit running through your engine every 20mins of hard driving or so. All that fine grit, wearing away at your cylinder walls, piston rings and valves... *shudders*
Filter socks eh :)

Yeah, but just wire mesh? Ok I guess but you'll be doing rebuilds way more frequently, for the sakes of maybe 1hp gain? Cotton filters (like K&N) are best, flow of foam filters with the fine filtration of paper filters.

Yeah, but just wire mesh? Ok I guess but you'll be doing rebuilds way more frequently, for the sakes of maybe 1hp gain? Cotton filters (like K&N) are best, flow of foam filters with the fine filtration of paper filters.
Never just wire mesh for me thanks I like my engine

Style wise they look good, so if you 100% need stainless mesh on then for show purposes, buy some socks to slip over them for the drive like Andy said :)

Style wise they look good, so if you 100% need stainless mesh on then for show purposes, buy some socks to slip over them for the drive like Andy said :)
I got a filter for it mate lol xD

I just got engine and everything else jdm off that car :p i was gonna go for bonnet a few weeks back but backed out , you'll do fine with it , just got to get it sanded down and painted up and your away with it

I just got engine and everything else jdm off that car :p i was gonna go for bonnet a few weeks back but backed out , you'll do fine with it , just got to get it sanded down and painted up and your away with it
Ahh awesome. I got two new toys now :p. Got a fuel regulator from a mate so I can set the PSI to about 3 so they dont keep flooding and the carbs came with this original ZZR600 airbox which had been modded to take ITG filters. I need a smaller filter though.

P1060192_zps09fcf2a7.jpg

P1060193_zpscf4217ef.jpg.html
P1060193_zpscf4217ef.jpg.html
P1060193_zpscf4217ef.jpg

I was thinking of using an orignal ZZR600 airbox with a K/N filter in as you can get two huge pipes on them, have those pipes go to the front grile and have a ram air system. Colder air which should mean more power?

KGrHqVh8E8RW4mDBPMRIcf8960_12_zpsbc05227e.jpg

Bike carbs are coming off. They are going back on when I get abit more money to get them set up and everything. Also when I get my one years no claims. Honestly Micras are the cheapest things to insure. When I renew my insurance its going to be £650 with all mods declared that just mad, even going to declare the window tints and mid spoiler.

In the mean time I am going to focus on handling and breaks shopping list so far.
Just ordered these bad boys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-low...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ecbd62f04
These should bolt on and stop my rear end from rubbing because of my **** ebay polo 6n coilovers.

List to buy.
whiteline k11 ARB
get a stiffer rear ARB made or bolt two K10 ones on the rear
Getting some BC coilovers for the front http://www.bccoilovers.com/nissan-micra-k11-bc-coilovers-front-kit-p-344.html
I am just fed up of coilovers you have to mod to get them to fit so I am going with a bolt on set up.
black diamond front discs
brembo fined drums rear
mintext pads/shoes all round
braided brake lines.

all that is coming before bike carbs. The bike carbs will be going on in the summer.

Bike carbs are coming off. They are going back on when I get abit more money to get them set up and everything. Also when I get my one years no claims. Honestly Micras are the cheapest things to insure. When I renew my insurance its going to be £650 with all mods declared that just mad, even going to declare the window tints and mid spoiler.

In the mean time I am going to focus on handling and breaks shopping list so far.
Just ordered these bad boys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-low...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ecbd62f04
These should bolt on and stop my rear end from rubbing because of my #### ebay polo 6n coilovers.

List to buy.
whiteline k11 ARB
get a stiffer rear ARB made or bolt two K10 ones on the rear
Getting some BC coilovers for the front http://www.bccoilovers.com/nissan-micra-k11-bc-coilovers-front-kit-p-344.html
I am just fed up of coilovers you have to mod to get them to fit so I am going with a bolt on set up.
black diamond front discs
brembo fined drums rear
mintext pads/shoes all round
braided brake lines.

all that is coming before bike carbs. The bike carbs will be going on in the summer.
Rather than buy all that whiteline kit speak to H701 about getting suspension set up properly, had a ride in his K10 at JAE and it made my K11 feel like a hovercraft!

Rather than buy all that whiteline kit speak to H701 about getting suspension set up properly, had a ride in his K10 at JAE and it made my K11 feel like a hovercraft!
Nice to hear positive things about my car :D

Properly setup, corner weighted, spring weighted coil overs are the best money spent and usually the cheapest

Nice to hear positive things about my car :D

Properly setup, corner weighted, spring weighted coil overs are the best money spent and usually the cheapest
Surly a car will benefit from ARB's when the car doesnt even have them? I am still plashing out on the expensive coilovers as I want something safe and something which bolts on.

Surly a car will benefit from ARB's when the car doesnt even have them? I am still plashing out on the expensive coilovers as I want something safe and something which bolts on.
You can spend all the money in the world if it aint setup then you might aswel just not bother
I haven't got an anti roll bar on mine its just setup as I said above. I can't see the need for an antiroll bar on it either
The limits of the roll bar are already soaked up by the suitable springs. And the nylon bushed rear axle stiffens up movement enough with the coilovers

Got some proper HT leads and spark plugs and the thing runs amazing now with the 135 jets.

Getting myself a wideband this week so further tuning will commence.

Wow! First time on the board in 4 years and can't believe my old Micra is still on the roads! It must have been passed around half of the members on here by now as well as my owning it twice. Pretty awesome :D

Wow! First time on the board in 4 years and can't believe my old Micra is still on the roads! It must have been passed around half of the members on here by now as well as my owning it twice. Pretty awesome :D
It's in good hands with Scott, nothing to worry about, it'll be on the road a long while yet. :)

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

It's in good hands with Scott, nothing to worry about, it'll be on the road a long while yet. :)

Its quite hear warming really, had some great times in that car! Looks like it even has the same 4-2-1 mani and exhaust system on it, thats been on and off that car since at least 2007!

Its quite hear warming really, had some great times in that car! Looks like it even has the same 4-2-1 mani and exhaust system on it, thats been on and off that car since at least 2007!
I knew it had some history, I didn't know it'd been club owned that long ... Maybe you'll end up owning it again at some point haha.

As much as I remember my Micra with fond memories, I couldn't go back to it now, was great fun when I was limited by insurance age etc. Just glad to see it in good hands.

As much as I remember my Micra with fond memories, I couldn't go back to it now, was great fun when I was limited by insurance age etc. Just glad to see it in good hands.
The micra bug will get you soon I'm sure, you'll be back on here wanting one! ;) happens to everyone.

By what I know mate its Imp, Me (mas1255, you (Ceirwan), Fordy and shaff who have owned this. I think there is one more member though.

The got a complete respray in 2012 and it is such a mint car. Yeah you are correct as well its got the orignal 4-2-1 and powerflow system. Do you know if its a custom made 4-2-1 as its starting to rot badly. If its custom made I will get a nice stainless steel one made.

I still wish the car had the March lights. For a car with 100,000 miles its mint and runs amazing. I plan to keep this a long time and love it as much as everyone else has. This is my second K10 super s so I know what I am doing with them and its in very safe hands.

Heres a picture of the K10 with a starlet GT and two Glanza's.

1557478_740936355919166_1537268442_n_zpscf180e4a.jpg

List of shows I will be attending so far.
JAE with the MSC
Japfest with the MSC
Been invited on the show and shine competition at modified nationals
Been invited on a JDM stand at the Retro rides gathering.
Also been invited to a few brooklands shows

Also got a stance project feature. All though I am now breaking away from stance as its not a nice scene anymore. I will be highering the car back up abit when I get my BC coilovers.

Wow cars looking pretty awesome still, that resprays definitely come out well!

http://micra.org.uk/threads/k10-1-2-super-s-60k.21807/ Original thread when I bought it.
AFAIK the manifold is completely custom so you'd have to get another one made up, but it does make a very noticeable performance difference.

And I remember seeing someone asking about a new head being fitted. On my second period of of ownership It had the head off and a new head gasket, water pump, the head was also skimmed. Not a new one fitted though.
Some pics of it I have lying about:
DSC00120.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

Lets hope she's still going at 150k

P.s. the reason I'm happy with the current car

Wow cars looking pretty awesome still, that resprays definitely come out well!

http://micra.org.uk/threads/k10-1-2-super-s-60k.21807/ Original thread when I bought it.
AFAIK the manifold is completely custom so you'd have to get another one made up, but it does make a very noticeable performance difference.

And I remember seeing someone asking about a new head being fitted. On my second period of of ownership It had the head off and a new head gasket, water pump, the head was also skimmed. Not a new one fitted though.
Some pics of it I have lying about:

Lets hope she's still going at 150k

P.s. the reason I'm happy with the current car
Yeah mate it also had 3 angle valves put in. It is a great car but I am getting bored of the speed. It has around 90hp at the moment so its nippy but nothing amazing. I want to keep a micra though as its a lovely scene and the peoples face when you beat them is amazing.

I can see why you dont want one again as MR2's are true drivers car. I love them to bits.

Been spending ages doing research and I have decided engine wise what I am doing. Getting a dave walker built MA12.
Going to do a supercharge set up the way the mini guys do and then because mine is a super s I can get a mapped ignition as well which will help alot.

Going to be using a nice big SU carb as well. Spoke to some people in the know and dave walker engines with bike carbs in auto grass apparently make 120ish. So I think a supercharge set up has got to see me to around 150-170.

All this will be done after the bike carbs are done. I want to get the bike carbs done just so I can say I have done it and maybe I might be happy with an NA set up DW engine. early next year car will get completely stripped out and target weight is 650kg with cage.

Just for the love of god build a fast road car and then bin it.
You know I'll be the one having to console you over the loss of all the #rareparts.

Just for the love of god build a fast road car and then bin it.
You know I'll be the one having to console you over the loss of all the #rareparts.

Don't bin it!! I meant Don't! Ahaha.

Don't bin it!! I meant Don't! Ahaha.

Hahah I guessed. Car wont really be for the road. Will be a track Micra. One which has been done probably with no bodged on coilovers or stupidly stiff springs. Car will be going higher soon as well because of that reason.
when I go to strip it out it will have heater matrix the lot taken out. Even toying with fiberglass boot lid, bonnet and front wings. Got a mate who does amazing work with the stuff and he said he can help me out.

Hahah I guessed. Car wont really be for the road. Will be a track Micra. One which has been done probably with no bodged on coilovers or stupidly stiff springs. Car will be going higher soon as well because of that reason.
when I go to strip it out it will have heater matrix the lot taken out. Even toying with fiberglass boot lid, bonnet and front wings. Got a mate who does amazing work with the stuff and he said he can help me out.

That sounds like a really good idea mate. Are you going to get another K10 as a daily?
I'm kind of against using a rare shell as a track car, but they were built to be driven. Go for it.

That sounds like a really good idea mate. Are you going to get another K10 as a daily?
I'm kind of against using a rare shell as a track car, but they were built to be driven. Go for it.

Its a rare shell but strangely enough race/track car shells are minter than most of these "show" cars. Daily I dont know really. I got a work van to get to work. Cant use it for private use but I dont mind walking for a year to get the car done. Also looking at perspex windows.

oh dear, have us nutters got to you Scott?
Yes they have mate. Finally sorted what I am doing. Getting into some money soon so that will get me the dave walker engine, clutch and other goodies for the car. Then going to do the bike carbs. Then stripping and caging will be done in about a years time. Calculated all the money issues and I can afford it if I live like a peasant the next year. Will be worth it though.

early next year car will get completely stripped out and target weight is 650kg with cage.
Good target. Including you? Or the car itself? Its not an easy target to hit on those gadget loving higher spec cars
One which has been done probably with no bodged on coilovers or stupidly stiff springs.
Springs can be bought seaparate but if you go track I'll share my old setup info when ihad my MA in
Its a rare shell but strangely enough race/track car shells are minter than most of these "show" cars
Because "show" cars get nice looking stuff bolted on... polished and that's it
Competition cars are stripped, cleaned and rebuilt regularly

Right then I got a spare rocker cover so going to mod that so I can fix the bike carb airbox in.

0D37C5D9-2047-40B9-A7CD-DD05B85D8A8A-1562-00000100F7BDF36D_zps0bd573ce.jpg

The oil breather pipe with the blue circle around it will be cut off then plugged with a grommet sealed with gasket sealer. Either that or weld some sort of plug to it.

The two orignal airbox mounting points will be used to mount the new airbox. I will have to make spacers for it to keep the plastic airbox from touching the rocker. I was told though that the plastic has a very high melting point. Also going to put heat proving underneath the airbox.

The other oil breather pipe will have a oil catch can attached to it and the other pipe on the catch can will be taken underneath the car. I was told if you run the pipe underneath the car it creates a vacuum which helps suck the oil out which keeps the rocker/engine cleaner.

Here is a picture of the airbox again. It will have a nive K&N filter fitted and two big tubes going to the front grille to suck in loads of nice cold air. At the moment I got a great big airfilter at the back/top of my bay which sucks in alot of hot air.

KGrHqVh8E8RW4mDBPMRIcf8960_12_zpsbc05227e.jpg

Also Andy its 650 KG without me. I think its doable as its only an MA12 build. I need to experiment with springs to be honest. The car will be seeing lots of love soon.

Also Andy its 650 KG without me. I think its doable as its only an MA12 build. I need to experiment with springs to be honest. The car will be seeing lots of love soon.
Should be doable fairly simply :) you'll need to shed at least 30kg to make room for the cage

Its a rare shell but strangely enough race/track car shells are minter than most of these "show" cars. Daily I dont know really. I got a work van to get to work. Cant use it for private use but I dont mind walking for a year to get the car done. Also looking at perspex windows.

don't get perspex windows man, will ruin it completely ! and they're so inconvenient. I think you should stick all this track bull**** and dave walker stuff and just enjoy the car...and then drop a starlet lump in it ! You'll toss all this money into it, then grow up and see a better...its what ive done, i regret throwing ££££ at a micra ! o_O

I love the car and see it being an awesome car. Its not that costly for a track car when you think about it. Going to get another K10 as a daily as well next year. Then the super s is being a track demon/weekend car.

If I was more fun I would just get a cheapish RX7 FC turbo 2. Pick them up for £2000 and cheap as chips to insure.

Been speaking to loads of people and there is no replacment for diplacement so itsmeither ga16 turbo or throttle bodied sr20. I heard both engines are similer weight

Is it really? My needs are an lsd, reliable gearbox and not too heavy. Ga16 turbo but what about the lsd.. i am tempted to save for a super turbo

Is it really? My needs are an lsd, reliable gearbox and not too heavy. Ga16 turbo but what about the lsd.. i am tempted to save for a super turbo

SR20 gearboxes may be becoming an option... therefore opening up our option of an LSD. Personally I don't think you'll need one either way

But these interchangeable gearboxes are A. Rarer than dodo beaks
B. There may have been a mild GA block design difference which allows such boxes to fit. Fortunately they're only as rare as winning lottery tickets. So there's 1 or 2 somewhere :)

Back