• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

A new begining. Bike carbed Super S.

Snapped my exhaust valve on cylinder number four. Too scared to start the car but it turns over fine, looks as if the valve snapped at the very top (near the rocker) so the valve was just bouncing on the piston which means I am VERY lucky.

Block should be fine but good has come to this as I got my hands on a MA12 cylinder head so the car should be running. In the winter will make a cg13 with cg10 pistons and put that in the car. Need the k10 working for show season. Cant miss japfest and JAE again.

Also rev limiter has been ordered...

Well its something to help me stopped destroying engines and @h701micra I havnt take it off yet but just by taking the rocker cover off I can see whats happened. The valve just bounces on the piston so it never got stuck in the cylinder and munched the piston thankfully. So the block should be fine.
Even if the piston does have a ring mark in it I will just chuck a new head on and hope it lasts me until winter.

Doesnt mean there hasnt get little bits in the cylinder. It may have damaged the valve guide which could of worked its way into the cyliner mate give it a good check over

Yeah will do this weekend. I dont think anything else was damaged. I knew what something was off and just turnt the engine off to coast home luckily I was right near my house when it happened.
Didnt make and horrible noises just a tinging sound of the valve bouncing up and down. We shall see this weekend what has happened.

Traded a k10 spoiler for a mint MA12 block and head so car will be working again next weekend.
Also just bought some brand new corsa coilovers for £60, only did 50 miles (get car through mot) and cost my mate £300....
So I will have SAFE coilovers by show season and correct camber... Happy me!

Engine for plastic......bargain
He was a mate of mine and he really wanted a K10 spoiler and was going the scrap the ma12!!

Only using the MA12 until the end of show season then cg13 the car. Going to us cg13 loom, throttle body, ga16 airbox with my exhaust system. Should see me about 95hp which is what jamie had which is enough for the k10 and about what I am running at the moment.

He was a mate of mine and he really wanted a K10 spoiler and was going the scrap the ma12!!

Only using the MA12 until the end of show season then cg13 the car. Going to us cg13 loom, throttle body, ga16 airbox with my exhaust system. Should see me about 95hp which is what jamie had which is enough for the k10 and about what I am running at the moment.
Probably a silly question... but that's me
Do you have to map it when you make changes like that to an N/A to see better gainz?

Probably a silly question... but that's me
Do you have to map it when you make changes like that to an N/A to see better gainz?
some cars if you change the filter and exhaust you dont mate as modern ecus learn and change the settings themself after a few hundred miles. With the k11 ecu I really dont know but I bet a good remap with the setup would see some improvement but not worth the money.

I am just doing what so many have done to k11s to get good results , ga16 airbox, ga16 injectors, 4-2-1 manifold with good system and maybe cams if I got the moneys.

Ga16 injectors? Don't do it. Ignore what mario says, you'll just p*ss petrol out the exhaust and make less power.
Oh really? well cg13 injectors it is. Well I can fit a wideband to the standard micra lambda just to give me a rough idea of the air/fuel. So we shall find out. I can see how it will piss everywhere.

Talking off pissing petrol from exhaust

I was behind a skoda yeti today....litteraly pissef itself of petrol for miles!!!

Why would that be

Also will be using k11 driveshafts, k11 hubs, k11 brakes (100nx ones if they fit under my wellers), 100 nx rear drums. Bassicaly going to modernize the k10 to make it a more reliable to nice day to day car.

Assuming stock eh, you'd have to run fairly low pressure to get the correct amount of fuel... would probably end up dribbling out the injectors and not mixing very well :p
i ran 293cc SR20 injectors with a stock ecu for most of 2012, GA ones are only 1/3rd bigger than stock

Right then I never delved into CORRECTLY fitting front coilovers before but I am going to use corsa top mounts with my corsa B front coilovers but they will be the same width as micra top mounts.
This is because I am going to mod the top mount. I am going to drill holes in the topmount the right width then put the bolts from the corsa mount through the new holes then tack weld them in place. This in my eyes will be more than suitable and much easier than what Enuo did also safer than the micra topmounts.

KGrHqNHJFYFGWdWFU1gBRr8t6pLg60_12_zps7fdb6a46.jpg

Right then I never delved into CORRECTLY fitting front coilovers before but I am going to use corsa top mounts with my corsa B front coilovers but they will be the same width as micra top mounts.
This is because I am going to mod the top mount. I am going to drill holes in the topmount the right width then put the bolts from the corsa mount through the new holes then tack weld them in place. This in my eyes will be more than suitable and much easier than what Enuo did also safer than the micra topmounts.
re-drilling the turret is probably easier, but my bolts were shifted like that to keep it "looking stock" scot :)
1 of the dutch guys is trying an alternative method

Attachments

• Foto-3ZUDFXLV-D.jpg
    Foto-3ZUDFXLV-D.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 519
  • Foto-TAFNY77E-D.jpg
    Foto-TAFNY77E-D.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 431
  • Foto-CTDMPZVN-D.jpg
    Foto-CTDMPZVN-D.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 426
  • Foto-BDEE7IGE-D.jpg
    Foto-BDEE7IGE-D.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 453
re-drilling the turret is probably easier, but my bolts were shifted like that to keep it "looking stock" scot :)
1 of the dutch guys is trying an alternative method
Awesome mate. I will see how mine turns out. I like the idea using the correct topmounts. After first hand using washers and other stupid methods to attatch coilovers which seems to be the norm on here. I dont fancy doing it again and rather using corsa top mounts and just move the bolts to the same width than the Micra ones. Seems so much easier.

Or there is always my way :) front shocks are a bit tired (got them for free, twas to be expected) so when i replace them will give them a good inspection :)

got given some corsa top mounts from a mate which is a big result..
Cut the break pipe mount off of the standard k11 march struts which I will weld onto the corsa struts. Will weld onto the the metal which has already been welded onto the strut ( the hub mount) at an attempt to stop heat getting to the strut.

Looking at the top mounts in person what I plan to do seems very possible got a bit of still I am going to cut a reinforcement plate as well. Its starting to look like the simplest and safest way to do coilovers for micras...

I honestly dont know why anyone hasnt bothered to do it before.

I cant even count on one hand the members on here and the members on the facebook page who run good front coilovers aka ones like andys and chris's.

Right I am saying bye bye to my wellers now. Getting some Rota watanabe reps, 15x7 30et. I am either going to use 165/45/15 or 185/45/15 tyres both are near enough the same as the stock rolling radius.

I did have 14x6.5 27et bbs's on my old super s with 185/50/14 tyres and they were a tight fit on the back so these should just fit. This where I am stuck.

get some 185/45/15 tyres get better grip but run the risk of having bad fitment ie tyre rub or run 165/45/15 tyres have stretch, worse handling but a promise to have good fitment.

It does look like with 185/45/15 tyres the fitment is near the same as the bbs's just a tiny bit more poke which could lead to disaster. Is it enough to worry about?

fitment_zpsb9a96374.png

fitment2_zps086edfff.png

Red_w_Gold3.jpg

I am buying the wheels brand new from demon tweeks in gold and here is a picture of what they look like with a red car. I think they look great.

I prefer the wellers ;)
They look badass
I hate using them day to day though mate. Rubs loads, whoever refurbished them did a crap job as well because the metal is rusting underneath the paint so got my money back from the refurb and I just want to shift them asap.

Pretty sure there's no mention of that in your sale ad! :p

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4
Thats the reason why I am not flogging them on here haha.
The paint will last another year or two before its got serious problems but I can tell its going to happen after curbing one of the wheels and looking at the paint quality.

Got a bargain the other day.
working ct9 turbo (no play), front mount intercooler, what looks like a toyosport starlet manifold manifold, piping, housing, clips, air filter and airfilter adapter all for £100.

So I wont be needing my toyo sport td04 manifold or td04 because honestly I would prefer a smaller turbo. The 1.3 conversion also might be happening straight after japfest and ready for JAE.

_1_zps5e270cb9.jpg

_2_zpsdf725d58.jpg

Back