• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

A new begining. Bike carbed Super S.

Will like to see this. Not many achieve it.

Its a long time project :) so there will be money to spend, and know a few people here that will come in handy :)
The final engine will be either CGA3DET with Nistune i think, if that proves to be any good, 250whp should not be a problem for 1.4L, it equals 500whp for 2.8L, and that is rather common

Ahh #### dude that sucks. I got starmags and I love them. I still need to get wobble nuts and 175/50/13 nankangs. I want ridmof the 4x4 tyres

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
epuperur.jpg
View attachment 24294
Havnt got to look at your blog in a while , **** that looks good !! Credit where credit is due ....

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Sad times at the moment. The head gasket has gone :/. I have started to notice some things which are not up to my standard which I have been fixing like spotlights sticking out too much, missing bolt on bonnet mounts and overspray on some parts in the engine bay.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Thats because they were not fitted correctly. I have mounted them lower and further back they now look straight. They are driving lights mate aka spotlights haha
Ah you see us rally boys get fussy with the difference between driving light and spotlights but I wont bother :p

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Found an erling one from mister auto. Erling are meant to be a really good make. So its £29 just for the head gasket and about £20 for all the other gaskets. Wooo spending more money :/

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
You confuse me :p
Not cheap
But not expensive
But find cheap too expensive
But dont want cheap.
This entertains me :D
Elring have had amazing reviews according to everyone and for £29 its worth it. Nissan said it would cost me about £100 for a gasket set for my 1.2. So I bought a Elring gasket for £29 and a genuine Nissan MA10 gasket set off of a guy selling it on ebay for about £18, it was cheap as the guy didnt need it so he sold it cheap. That set comes with everything I just cant use the head gasket from it as its for an MA10 hence why I got an Elring one for a 1.2 MA12.

I earn near to no money but I want the best for my car but sometimes cant afford it which involves me having to buy multiple gasket sets just to save money :/.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Well you are a micra owner. Cant see why an ma10 head gasket won't fit with a minor modification as the heads are interchangeable. Only bore width :)

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
its pushed into the block with a rubber o ring on and it bolts on behind the front mount on the engine, i would replace the seal and apply ssealent and leave to set before filling up with water, must be common mine is leaking from there too lol

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
its pushed into the block with a rubber o ring on and it bolts on behind the front mount on the engine, i would replace the seal and apply ssealent and leave to set before filling up with water, must be common mine is leaking from there too lol
Oh you legend mate!!!

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Too much like a starlet for my tastes... We'll see how close to 180hp I'll get from the GA. I'm guessing not very...
I still prefer the shape/looks of my super s but those ae82's were near to unstoppable around race tracks. Would be great to someday make a track ae82. That would probably never happen. lol

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Elring have had amazing reviews according to everyone and for £29 its worth it. Nissan said it would cost me about £100 for a gasket set for my 1.2. So I bought a Elring gasket for £29 and a genuine Nissan MA10 gasket set off of a guy selling it on ebay for about £18, it was cheap as the guy didnt need it so he sold it cheap. That set comes with everything I just cant use the head gasket from it as its for an MA10 hence why I got an Elring one for a 1.2 MA12.

I earn near to no money but I want the best for my car but sometimes cant afford it which involves me having to buy multiple gasket sets just to save money :/.
You said you already bought the gasket set yesterday?

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
You said you already bought the gasket set yesterday?
I bought a cheap gasket set from Greece just for spares but it has the inlet gaskets which I will need to fit my bike carbs. I am drilling the jets for the carbs as we speak.

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Didn't George say you could buy some for 4 quid?
They are £3 per jet so its like £12 for a set of four. I am drilling them to 1.5mm which is what bogg bros used for other 1.2/1.3 cars. If that fails I will have to buy a good £60 worth of jets to be able to get it set up right.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Just buy a kit. Bam. Bigup if it works. Andy is drilling a safe way of doing it?
People do use a vice and cordless drill to find they fail later on because of the inaccuracies of the drill and the rough surface they leave. Plus yhe vibrations weaken the jet... and of course? no matter how gentle, the vice deforms them.
Jets are measured in 100ths of mm. You can buy carb drill bits that are alot more accurate and you put those bits in a small vice and roll the jet onto the drill bit
Slower its done the smoother the finish :)

SirChris

Educated Bodger
People do use a vice and cordless drill to find they fail later on because of the inaccuracies of the drill and the rough surface they leave. Plus yhe vibrations weaken the jet... and of course? no matter how gentle, the vice deforms them.
Jets are measured in 100ths of mm. You can buy carb drill bits that are alot more accurate and you put those bits in a small vice and roll the jet onto the drill bit
Slower its done the smoother the finish :)
Stuff that I would just buy a jet set till I got it right eh?

pork

Club Member
They are £3 per jet so its like £12 for a set of four. I am drilling them to 1.5mm which is what bogg bros used for other 1.2/1.3 cars. If that fails I will have to buy a good £60 worth of jets to be able to get it set up right.

My turbo carb jet size where 1.35......and it was still too rich even on full boost , get O2 sensor.......best thing I ever bought

OP
OP
mas12555

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
My turbo carb jet size where 1.35......and it was still too rich even on full boost , get O2 sensor.......best thing I ever bought
Hmm interesting. Where did you get the sensor from? I havnt drilled them yet. Mine are 1.35mm as well mate. Mine are going on a MA12 so should be perfect.

EDIT: If you are on about the o2 sensor in the exhaust mine comes with one from factory as its a ecc ma12

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Hmm interesting. Where did you get the sensor from? I havnt drilled them yet. Mine are 1.35mm as well mate. Mine are going on a MA12 so should be perfect.

EDIT: If you are on about the o2 sensor in the exhaust mine comes with one from factory as its a ecc ma12
Wideband

jamieccc

Ex. Club Member
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weller-13...heels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item46135458a1
Getting these weller wheels. Going to get the rim chromed with a white centre and by some orignal stickers and centre caps for them. Nearly got a enough for the wideband then bike carbs are going on. Also nearly go the moneys to get hold of a head which had alot of work done to it by dave walker. I should be running high 90bhp by then.

i got these 13x8 on mine. they will look mint on yours

jamieccc

Ex. Club Member
good choice then. if you remember curtis he had an engine built by dave walker. it was a ma12 and with twin webbers on it was just as fast as saxo vtrs and the likes of those