A general observation

Vitus992

Ex. Club Member
I'm now quite aged I'm sure in this forum at 45 years old.
I had my little K11 Micra and I was pretty anonymous in that, occasionally morons would pull out in front of you or try and get around you in rather dangerous ways - nothing new there.
I now have a K12 160SR which I really enjoy owning.
Its no surprise to say most K12's in my area are owned by the (even) older generations than my self!
I now seem to have drawn the attention of utter ######witts, particularly at traffic lights, who need to get infront of me what ever the cost, normally saxos and novas (with yoof men driving in baseball caps at odd angles). My long suffering partner thought this was my imagination until last night she was driving and yes of course the saxo and the yoof in the regulation baseball cap pulled along side with his mates pointing and laughing.
I pointed out they would try and cut across us, she not being in a good mood at that point let rip and the little yoof car was way behind.
Not really a moan but an observation about what the hell is going on?!!

joshbl

Site Supporter
Chavs seem to think that as long as its got VTR wheels then it's da kwikest fin' out d'ere n' everyfin else is simply refuse

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Errr.... i can explain..... People Are Morons!

Precisely
People underestimate micras and due to the stigma the breed carries I.e. Elderly people
So as soon as anyone does anything to them including Nissan from factory even nob wants to show you how crap your car is and how good there's is! We know better :)
The fact that my Micra is my daily and I've a highly tuned s14 that will hand pretty much anything it's arse, my dad love it he's got a k10 like me as a daily but has a 700bhp evo at home

OP
OP
Vitus992

Vitus992

Ex. Club Member
But why the sudden interest, because mine looks remotely "sporty" that they need to challenge, Im guessing it must be.
9 times out of 10 I just let people get on with it but once in a while......
Oh I forgot to mention as we left them in the distance we were greeted with hand signals from them which Im sure you can guess what!

But thanks for the explanation folks, maybe I was just looking a bit too deeply in to this!!

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
I must admit I get more abuse when I am in my 100% standard blue 1.3GX than I do when I am in my white SS. Probably because said 'yoofs' in Novas, (surprised there are any left to be honest), and god awful Saxos, (of which many of the VTS' have been written off by the previous band of yoofs), know it's an easy kill. I have no problem in dumping the clutch at 4000rpm and letting the LSD do the work. I'd like to see a cruddy rusty Saxo 2-up with associated ICE, McFlurrys and stuff in the footwells, spots and baseball caps keep up.

Roll on fitting up the 31V box and a new set of semi slicks or even better see if they have the stones to make eye contact when they roll up next to this ;)

Attachments

• DSCN2816_copy.jpg
    DSCN2816_copy.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 200

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
It is exactly how Josh and GT have explained it. 3 boy's in an austin Metro were doing the same to me just yesterday. what on earth they hoped to achieve was beyond me!

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
awesome your lady took place and won in a chav race! i wish my gf was more like that, she is always saying "ignore them" when some little chav starts laughing

Dave_Ally

Ex. Club Member
Oh it's usual, I burned past a 106 on an A road the other day and all the drivers friends started laughing at him as I went past. :laugh:
God knows what their problem is with the world, obviously nothing is superior to chavboxes.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
It's obvious guys, in the chav's limited mindset, the more Halfrauds ripspeed ####e you fit to your car, the faster it goes, innit :laugh:.

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
Oh it's usual, I burned past a 106 on an A road the other day and all the drivers friends started laughing at him as I went past. :laugh:
God knows what their problem is with the world, obviously nothing is superior to chavboxes.

Thats why I love micras, the suprise people have when they see a 'modded' one. I blew a pegeout 206 1.6 away at the pod and next thing I know I got the driver coming over asking what I had under the bonnet as there was know way a micra could beat his! He even had his girlfriend laughing a him, to be fair, when they get it through there heads that there isnt a 500cc engine in a micra they actually start to like them! Had all his mates round it at one point asking me loads of questions and the history on it.

euro_micra

Matt :)
I got the same stories here too, I used to put 'em back in their place by popping into second and pulling away, I kicked a lot of clio and 106 buts, but it's far too common to do it all the time. I passed a 106 the other day just a kid driving had FU stickers on the back -you know the sort, on a dual carrigeway(50 limit) I was doing 50ish in 5th gear in a line of cars smoothly overtaking, as soon as he sees me he pulls out and tailgates until I move over then pulls along side and floors it -just a loud noise and little bit of movement:laugh: but that happens quite often with other tacky cars.

Today, it was a bmw but they seem to do a lot if s#it anyway, overtook on a round about and squeezed infront of me at the back of a line of cars causing me to brake, just so they can get in front.

Something like this happens on every trip to me though, and it's happening more and more. I'm not a slow driver nor do I race so why do I attract all this s#itfwn

I must be one of very few that doesn't have this problem, ok I did once but that was it, ok admittedly I do play the "waste your petrol" game but that's for my enjoyment