A few questions

I've run in to some issues with my K11, hope you can shed a light on them.

Interior light: I noticed the interior light turns on when I open the driver door like it’s supposed to, but doesn’t turn on when I open the passenger door. Is this a factory default, or did something break?

Boot light: I’m starting to get annoyed by the fact that the car doesn’t have a boot light. Is this the case for all K11’s or do some models (facelifts, Super Ss, SRs?) have them? Or are there universal ones that fit well in the K11?

Rear wiper: The off/resting position of the wiper is upright/vertical. This seems odd to me; horizontal would make more sense. What’s normal in this case?

Pollen/interior filter: If the car doesn’t come equipped with one, can I still install one?

One additional question, I've noticed a lot of (very) cheap new K11 parts on eBay, e.g. service kits for only 10 quid. Can anyone tell something about the quality of these parts?

Thanks!

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
timstr, I thought the same about my interior light but as my dad pointed out, there's no sensor (that triggers the light to come on) on the passenger side door as there is on the drivers door. So it wont come on if you open the passenger door.

Can't help with your other questions i'm afraid, i'm still very much a newbie :p

BG101

Ex. Club Member
My K11 prefacelift does have the passenger door switch for the interior light, and it does also have the boot light so the cabling is probably present in all K11 PFLs and just needs a suitable switch or light adding.

The rear wiper does park vertically on the prefacelifts

Pollen filters are either not standard or previous owners remove and don't bother to replace them when they're clogged. Hence all the leaves and stuff which come out of the air vents when you turn the fans up :p

OP
OP
T
Pollen filters are either not standard or previous owners remove and don't bother to replace them when they're clogged. Hence all the leaves and stuff which come out of the air vents when you turn the fans up :p

But can one still be installed even if it's not standard?

callumf

Ex. Club Member
I've run in to some issues with my K11, hope you can shed a light on them.

Rear wiper: The off/resting position of the wiper is upright/vertical. This seems odd to me; horizontal would make more sense. What’s normal in this case?

Thanks!

The rear wiper can be modded to sit straight

BG101

Ex. Club Member
But can one still be installed even if it's not standard?
I would think so, but I'll definitely be checking this as it's rather annoying when you've just vacuumed the car and then loads of detritus gets blown everywhere when you put the blowers on :doh:

Luckily I don't have hayfever (used to as a kid) but some people I know do and it isn't pleasant.

BG

My K11 is 2000 and the rear wiper parks horizontal.The interior light turns on from both doors but I can't see the boot light.Probably is not installed.
Where should be the light and the swich?