98' Micra water pump belt

Howdy :laugh:

I would like to know how to remove the water pump/power steering belt.I could not see a tensioner?
Could somebody point me in the right direction!!!

Thanks a lot.

hi vincent

on the non p/s type, you slacken the center nut in the idler pulley at the back of the engine, then adjust the worm screw (i have never had a k11 with p/s tho :) )

Thanks Frank....

But this has power steering,no idler.
I done a search,didn't come up with a definite answer,just that it's a bolt somewhere under the p/s pump.

Success at last!

Today I drove the Micra up onto ramps. After much contortion (!), and the use of mirrors, I was able to locate an adjustment slot and associated tensioner bolt on the steering pump mounting bracket. (To locate, from above, place a small mirror just above the steering pump pulley, and ‘look’ towards the centre of the engine bay).

In case anyone else has a problem, this is the procedure that I used to adjust the water pump drive belt (for models with power steering and without an idler pulley):

· Slacken the two pivot bolts at the base of the steering pump mounting bracket (access from below).
· Slacken the nut that goes through the adjustment slot (access from above).
· Use the tensioner bolt to adjust the belt (clockwise to tighten – access from below).
· Tighten all the bolts.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Back