96 K11 Micra Soundsystem (Fusion)

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

Ive decided to get round to upgrading the sound in my 96 Micra Shape, in the end for the speakers i decided to go with a bundle pack, as this would be my first install and the less potential to go wrong the better!

I purchased a http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000MS5LIQ/202-4056325-3019049
for the head unit, and the speakers i got were a Fusion Powerplant bundle including:
- All wiring (4 gauge for the power)
- 5.25" Component Speaker system PP-CM525, 150w max (50w rms) these are for the front, there is a tweeter that comes with each of the component speakers and and two external two way crosovers, one for each side of the car.
-2 6x9 3 way speakers PP=FR693 rated at 300w (85W rms) for the back of the car
- All powered by a 4 channel 800W amplifier PP-AM8004

Obviously all of the above is fusion apart from the head unit.
I payed £150 for everything apart from the head unit, brand new, i know its a little late to be asking this but was this a pretty good deal? I thought so but im not an audio expert so i could easily be wrong.
Normally the kit sells at £250 which is what the guy at the counter tried to charge me, someone in the shop had accidently put them on offer for £150 so they had to sell me them because they were displayed at that price!

I've checked, i'll need to size it down slightly like you said with MDF which will also be used as a spacer because the speakers are to deep for the door as well! :S

I wasn't going to make a stealth shelf, but we've just had to chase some kids away who were checking out my friends car, as in hudled in a group around it looking at his 6x9's.

If i put the amp in the boot and put a cover or box over it will i get away without fans if its got enough airspace and plenty of ventillation?

Back