-94 k11 1.3 distributor swap help.

So one morning my -94 micra wouldn't start. I checked the battery and it was at 12.6V. Next thing I did was to swap the spark plugs.
That was of no use, the engine would turn, but not start. After diagnosing with a friend we came to the conclusion that the distributor needs to be swapped.

I got a new distributor, but I have never changed one so every tip and trick is welcome.

I know that I need to align the new distributor the same exact way the old one is, but is there anything else I need to take into account?

I don't need to tune the ignition, I just want to have my daily driver back.

Thank you!

You can just swap it. And if you center it it should run. But will lack power. Without the proper tools its hard to adjust properly but you can drive for a bit and see how it feels and adjust if needed.

You can just swap it. And if you center it it should run. But will lack power. Without the proper tools its hard to adjust properly but you can drive for a bit and see how it feels and adjust if needed.
Thank you!

I'll swap it out and have it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. I would hate to have it towed so this is a relief!

Should be fine after then. The tuneup always helps as the timing needs to be checked every x miles and can be out by quite a bit.

If you replace it do remember it only goes in 1 way. The slot in the cams is offset by a bit so position the key in the dizzy to that it will slide in.

Should be fine after then. The tuneup always helps as the timing needs to be checked every x miles and can be out by quite a bit.

If you replace it do remember it only goes in 1 way. The slot in the cams is offset by a bit so position the key in the dizzy to that it will slide in.
Thank you for the tip! I'll keep that in mind.