90s Nostalgia

SirChris

Educated Bodger
just realised something...an oversight...perhaps?

...there have been some classic video games posted but....the greatest invention of eidos and Core design?

....1996? o_O

c'mon guys!!! :rolleyes:

....Lady Lara Croft!!!!!

ETA: ...check out those pixels :p

I am sorry Jen, but wipeout wiped the floor of other games in longevity, individuality and creativity.

Actually,

was in front :/ Wiepout close behind I rekon

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Some of the kids here might not be on this one :D
Awesome game. I had Micro Machines 2 - Turbo Tournament too, which had two extra controller ports in the cartridge!

ZilLhOr.jpg

Tekken 3 was the one I loved most ^_^ tekken and tekken 2....just didn't do it for me ^_^

I think the best games on I had for my Sega mega drive were.....

Sonic (all available) including those for the mega cd system
Road rash 2 and 3d!!! :p
Chakan...
Wiz'n'Liz
Streets of rage /2
Aladdin (game of the film :p)
Krusty's fun house (as in the simpsons)
James pond
Toejam and Earl :D

and for the Super Nitendo Entertainment System

Super Mario Bros
Mario cart
Mario paint
Yoshi land
Starfox
Zombies ate my neighbours
Jungle strike
Zelda

...I'm sure there are loads more that still haven't been mentioned...I can't think of any more right now
...I'll have to have a look in the cupboard for the games left in storage ^_^

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
Chakan...
Wiz'n'Liz
Streets of rage /2
James pond
Toejam and Earl
OMG, what a superb Mega Drive list! :D

As for Sonic... I may or may not be slightly obsessive about that...

I have the Japanese versions of Sonic 1, 2, 3, CD and Adventure 2, along with a sizeable collection of stuff:

asU3qlQ.jpg

IfROo.jpg

uLCZBl5.jpg

that's what my assassins creed collection looks like LOL
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/AC/IMG_1495.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/AC/IMG_1487.jpg
...and that doesn't even include my 3 editions of AC3 or any of my ubi workshop stuff...or my game guides :p

okay okay...90's :p
Actually I had an obsession in the 90's....TY Beanie baby's (I'm a girl remember ^_^) I had..
...and still have some of my more than 100 strong collection...they once had value...now they're just...cute space stealers <_<

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Lol I not that bad haha

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
OMG, what a superb Mega Drive list! :D

I have the Japanese versions of Sonic 1, 2, 3, CD and Adventure 2, along with a sizeable collection of stuff:

Sonic CD... The anime introduction was so awesome at that time ! BTW James do you know hardcore french Sonic fans like DOCKY or Solly?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I think the best games on I had for my Sega mega drive were.....

Chakan...
Wiz'n'Liz
Streets of rage /2
James pond
Toejam and Earl :D

and for the Super Nitendo Entertainment System

Super Mario Bros
Mario cart
Mario paint
Yoshi land
Starfox
Zombies ate my neighbours
Jungle strike
Zelda

That's a pretty cool list. I managed to complete sonic the hedgehog on the Megadrive with just one hand! I was seriously addicted to that game. Road rash, streets of rage and Toe Jam were all awesome. Used to play the early Fifa games too, Fifa 95 etc.

Going back even further, there was the Master System. Loved Gauntlet, Action Fighter, Fantasy Zone, Alex the kidd, Double dragon, pro wrestling and loads more. Still got some games somewhere

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
*&§#! MULLET!!

I think the only other obscene cringeworthy example of a mullet in the UK public eye was Chris Waddle's.

One of those many things that should be left in the closet of history along with shell suits and Timmy Mallet's glasses :rolleyes:

I think my favourite show of the 90's...besides Star trek (TNG and V) was Due south...
I still love watching it now...when it got repeated on alibi last year I watched it religiously, and it still made me gasp, laugh...and tear up....a bit :p

also found it funny how in Season one the '72 Buick Riviera became a '71 then a '72 again :p

OP
OP
James

James

Chairman
I'm going to renege on my rule of things that only came out in 1990 just this once, but it's my thread so tough! ;)

My reasons being because we bought this in the 1990s, and I just dug our one out of the loft:

7KRy4y5.jpg

Still works absolutely perfectly, the tapes still load fine. The sound, considering how basic it is, is still superb. Here's one of my personal faves, just a loading screen but the music was amazing. (Once the game loaded it was also awesome)

(Skip to 1:30 for the sound!)

SirChris

Educated Bodger
*&§#! MULLET!!

I think the only other obscene cringeworthy example of a mullet in the UK public eye was Chris Waddle's.

One of those many things that should be left in the closet of history along with shell suits and Timmy Mallet's glasses :rolleyes:
Woah leave shell suits alone

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
I think my favourite show of the 90's...besides Star trek (TNG and V) was Due south...
I still love watching it now...when it got repeated on alibi last year I watched it religiously, and it still made me gasp, laugh...and tear up....a bit :p

also found it funny how in Season one the '72 Buick Riviera became a '71 then a '72 again :p

Great. Wish I had his dog

The word association thread reminded me of this...thanks Karl :p

I know it started in the 80's but I remember watching re-runs of "Allo Allo" all through the nineties ^_^

SirChris

Educated Bodger
The word association thread reminded me of this...thanks Karl :p

I know it started in the 80's but I remember watching re-runs of "Allo Allo" all through the nineties ^_^

Why we thanking Karl lol. Looks nothing like him

I loved that show! Please say someone did a box set I can buy?

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Jam...love it

I loved that show! Please say someone did a box set I can buy?
Yes you can get the box set on DVD....in parts usually
...I have 3 boxes (season 1, season 2, season 3&4) all in, cost me about £30 a couple of years back in an Amazon sale....keep an eye on ebay? :p

they're now about £28 a Season <_< ...£110 for the "complete series"

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Yes you can get the box set on DVD....in parts usually
...I have 3 boxes (season 1, season 2, season 3&4) all in, cost me about £30 a couple of years back in an Amazon sale....keep an eye on ebay? :p

they're now about £28 a Season <_< ...£110 for the "complete series"
I've never bought TV series on box set. I just think it's money better spent. I counted my friends collection putting it at 10 pound estimate for each it came to a couple of grand for stuff which Just sits there.

^I only buy one's I know I'm gonna watch more than once, and I wait for them to be in the sale anyhow ^_^
EG: Buffy...Due South...CSI:NY...Sherlock...Being Human....Thundercats :p

Stani1029

Club Member
The commodore was the first computer (keyboard) I had when i was young, think it took forever to work but it was so exciting we would try for hours. Now my children are growing up with iPad's etc I just can't see them thinking when there my age that iPad's are ancient and poor

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Why does no one know man jam the TV series... Epic...