7x10 troubles...

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
The DLS Ref 7x10s are driving me up the wall... first off they appeared to have been dropped and the voice-coil was loose, even the magnet looked like it was going to fall off...

second time... it just didnt work...

third time it did (one was faulty) work and it was sounding sweet but after a week or two, the speaker is making a crispy / cackling noise... like white noise... it comes on and off... as it pleases... on closer inspection the wires look intact... I tried swapping the cross over box but no joy... so has it seen its days? why did it happen? I'm losing faith in the DLS 7x10s...

I don't even crank it up or set bass to full... any ideas guys...

Hoping that the main dealer will be able to replace it free of charge as I think it is faulty..

Ta

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are there any other 7x10s out there?? other than Kenwood? I wonder if Cerwin Vega make any... hmmm... if anyone see's any.. please post a link. Will try change both if I can...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok had a search and the only 7x10s out there seem to be the Kenny and the DLS... so worst case could I get 7x10 to 6x9 adaptors or something? Seen some nice Morel audio ones which cold do the job... that or the Rainbows...

Genesis site is up and running again!!

Ok, it was another faulty litzwire... DLS say that it could be because it was played loud but I don't think I did... so got a replacement and hope it lasts. If not then the MDF rings shall be made...

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Where are they installed, in your parcel shelf?

Speakers in the shelf can fail prematurely if you have a sub/s in the boot. Due to the pressure the sub generates it can move the speaker cones and weaken the mechanic structure of them.

OP
OP
Gurpreet

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
No sub(s). DLS rep. also said that too much space may not be good and enclosed location would be best. Yep in stealth shelf. Delay in replacement arriving... no decent sound :-(

Ret. out of interest... what size would a 7x10 be equivalent too? A 10"? 12"? If you get what I mean?

Thanks anyway