53reg 1.0 Micra keys not working (can't lock/unlock)

I asked for help on other forum but am posting it here as think here is more popular (Y)

I bought a 53reg 1.0 Micra one month ago with two well working remote control keys. But recently I found both keys suddenly not worked properly. Sometimes ok, but sometimes I couldn't lock/unlock the doors. Initially I though batteries were dead, but the problems are still there after I changed the new batteries. I only drove the car for 50miles and the car is parking in my driveway all days. Any help pls?

Hmm! I have the same problem a 2004 1.2 SE bought about a month ago but in my case it unlocks fine but will seldom lock from the key fob.
Keep in touch in case one of us comes up with an answer!

I've been having a fiddle through the day & I'm starting to wonder if it may be something to do with the Hatch sensor?
It is better after I have closed the hatch & then works first time (most times) but only once or twice then I have to open the hatch & close the hatch again.

May be coincidence but I'll look into the idea some more...... I still haven't got my head round this system yet so I may be on the wrong track completely.

We had locking/unlocking problems on our 05 reg 1.2s. The Nissan dealer was about to unecessarily replace the central locking controller.
A man from Offcom (sommoned by a neighbour) did a scan in our street. He found a faulty wireless device at a nearby house and got the owner to disconnect it.
Since then the central locking has worked fine!

That's interesting maycee, I have read of similar things. I believe faulty microwaves can have a similar effect. To rule it out, take a run out to somewhere really rural and test your fob and let us know how it goes :).

i have been having the same problem started this morning, i thought the battery had died so i got the second set, and hey presto all working, drove to the shops, etc, came home left my phone in the car, tried to open the doors on the fob then nothing, tried 4 hours later hey presto it worked! i am thinking our neighbours are using a digital ariel out of there front window, maybe this is interfering with the radio signal?
didnt range rovers have this same problem when in covered garage canopys?

I had this problem with a scooby wrx, if i parked in a certain area at the supermarket the car locked fine but took lots of attempts to unlock, car was fine anywhere else, then i realised there was a huge comunication mast near that corner of the carpark, so came to the conclusion it was something to do with that.

Hello, i'm Paolo and i came from Italy. Sorry for my english but i have the same problem on my Micra k12 dci with keyless.
Someone has resolved the problem ? Thanks in advance.
Paolo

Had this same problem with the door close/open sensor on a 2003 1.2SE, I noticed the door open didn't illuminate on dash when the door was open, turned out to be the little sensor wasn't fully protruding. The car thinks you're still inside if it doesn't register the driver door has opened and so will not lock. Should work after you open the passenger door because it presumes you've left the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back