53 K13 auto 1.2 Cut out Non start, + battery terminal fusable links corroded

Just thought I would post up an issue that happened with the micra this morning. The wife was on way to work luckily not far from the house when the car cut out at 20 mph and basically was dead. No lights on the dash etc. Gave the symptom of a flat battery but this was not the case. Had to call the AA as just got out of bed after working till the early hours and wasnt in the frame of mind to fault find. The trans became locked in park and the key fob would not even lock the doors but funnily enough the C.L switch by the hand brake flashed LOCKED. Checked the usual fuses etc and when he looked at the Fuseable links that are part of the Positive battery terminal connector, they were all corroded. He bypassed it with some wire and the car came alive. Just ordered a new one at £49.38 and I will make sure its protected up with some white grease. Anyone else had this problem ??? :blues:

I had a similar problem with my 2000 X-reg Primera, I guess it's just succeptible to corrosion being so near the battery.

Mine didn't die thank god, but when I the car and gave it a going over at home the corrosion was bad enough that when I moved it, part of the terminal snapped off.

Back