50mm and 60mm Lowering Springs.

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
I am looking for a pair of 60mm lowering springs for the front and a pair of 50mm lowering springs for the back. I have a Nissan micra 1.0 K11. Does anyone know where or who can get me some?

Cheers - Will (Y)

wagsig.gif

cut springs (mates)
fp7b4m.jpg

cut springs (mine)
2rmp3zb.jpg

cut springs (mine, old car)
5fq62x.jpg

perfectley safe in my eyes mate, i havnt had a problem yet(Y)

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
What did you cut them with? Where can I get one and how much do they cost? Where abouts do you have to cut them? I really have no idea what to do, can someone please help me out? Thanks, Will.

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Hi mate, you need an angle grinder and patience, you need to strip the car of the suspension. Dismantle front legs, remove springs and cut to size

It's ok if you don't cut too much of so the spring is loose when on full drop, your best bet get someone to do it for you or contact mph on here for lowering springs, good luck matey

mate i cut them on the car, start with bottom coil then work your way upwards, it gets a bit awkward when you chop a few coils of and the biggest spring is pushing down on them, they can be a pain in the ar*e to say the least. ive done tree cars like that now, pretty quick aswell. look at the green one with silver wheels. took us approx hour and a half to do the full car!

it makes a good look the micra lowered but by cutting the springs does this make the ride more sloppy hammering round bends?
as i like hammering round bends~~~~

Ok, ill add mine, i ended up cutting 1 coil of at the rear and 2 coils at the front and aoriginally they were 35mm drop springs so i wanted a low ride look and also sit on KYB gas struts.

Photo0138-1.jpg

J

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
basically no springs in mine, now. have you cut them yet?

After the vast comments I have heard on this thread I have decided that I am just going to buy lowering springs. £200 for a set of 60mm lowering springs. I'm gunna have 60mm front and 50mm back. Should look something similar to this:

dsc00559dd.jpg

dsc00560e.jpg

Come to think of it, my car is practically going to look exactly the same as this one. Got and Wald body kit and all that. If you want take a look at my Blog below: (Y)

|
|
\/

i have cut springs before and i cut one whole bottom coil and it did not fit back together properly ,it was like the spring was too wide. should i have cut the coil off the top instead and would it work then?

How do cut springs fair with VOSA checks? Bit of a split ideal if you ask me. Don't want to cause upset by rocking the boat but spring are made accordingly with the pre-loaded weight specified, cutting springs will only diminish the integrity of their strength. Obviously they change over the years but I still can't agree with the concept.

This thread is 5 months old and in the for sale section. Good use of the search button but open a new technical thread rather than dig up someone's wanted thread.