5 inch ground clearance?

5 inch is loads, a lot of cars these days u cant even put ur foot under it, gets stopped half way up, just if ur comin up to speed ramps dat u dont know if u can make it, floor it! The front will lift getting u higher off the ground to take the ramp!
"If in doubt, go flat out!"
Works for all my mates in their civics and dat!

Kev that is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. IF you go fast you are much MORE likely to smash the front off the car, if not before but when you plough into the floor after the bump.

I meant that is there any problems in normal road use? I'm not even considering ever trying to jump it...

Edit: By the way, how much ground clearance do you have Ed? I think you have stiffer springs than I do, but have you got any problems?

I dont have anything to measure on im afrad both STs are in bits, generally though you could easily chop and inch or two of the micra and still be fine, the K10 is very high as standard and will take bumps almost like nothing else in its class!!

kev_mono72 said:
5 inch is loads, a lot of cars these days u cant even put ur foot under it, gets stopped half way up, just if ur comin up to speed ramps dat u dont know if u can make it, floor it! The front will lift getting u higher off the ground to take the ramp!
"If in doubt, go flat out!"
Works for all my mates in their civics and dat!

Thats rubbish!!! If your gunna take a speed bump take it slow. At least then you know you can get over it ok. I have less than 5 inches clearance and I can make it over any bumps if I go slow enough. The lowest part of the car is where the manifold joins the exhaust on mine though lol. The only ones you can get away with going fastish over are the ones that you can put your wheels either side of which are just stupid and pointless anyway, and they have built some next to my street grrrr!!! Don't go fast over them though!!! :)

RE: RE: 5 inch ground clearance?

Ed said:
generally though you could easily chop and inch or two of the micra and still be fine, the K10 is very high as standard and will take bumps almost like nothing else in its class!!
Yes, but I'm concerned about my intercooler plus the extra weight in the front. The ground clearance of the intercooler was just little bit over 5 inches in my carage (=tarmac) but only 3 and half inches on snow :glance: Well, I'm not going to drive it in winter

Here's a picture from my carage: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/TeeKoo/omillapyorillaan.jpg
And here's the clearance of the intercooler (in cm): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/TeeKoo/coolerimahtuu3.jpg

micra man said:
I have less than 5 inches clearance and I can make it over any bumps if I go slow enough.
Okay, I just have to be careful :)

quickdraw said:
that aint my fault is it:p. sign up :p haha. nah im only joking
Yeah, not your fault

I'm just not thinking of signing up because even 10£ is pretty much for me:down:

I have about 4" ground clearance, it depends how far in front of the wheel the bumper extends. 4" is not too low, as has been said, alot of cars these days have that kind of clearance. i have trouble because the bumper stretches quite far out, so effectively, by the time my wheel reaches the front of the speed bump my bumper is slicing through about 3 inches of tarmac.

get a short front bumper or take it higher, otherwise like me you'll have to go over as sideways as the road permits or (my favorite) avoid them at all costs, however it is thoroughly annoying believe me.

I've "chewed road" at least 20 times since i've had the kit on.

Batch said:
I have about 4" ground clearance, it depends how far in front of the wheel the bumper extends. 4" is not too low, as has been said, alot of cars these days have that kind of clearance. i have trouble because the bumper stretches quite far out, so effectively, by the time my wheel reaches the front of the speed bump my bumper is slicing through about 3 inches of tarmac.

get a short front bumper or take it higher
My problem isn't the front bumber, it's the intercooler: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/TeeKoo/omillapyorillaan.jpg
There's no other ways to get that intercooler fitted because I have to use wide and slick radiator to make sure that the engine cooling is enough and the turbo will fit without rubbing to the radiator. Luckily in my hometown there are only three speed bumps, but if you Batch can manage to drive with 4 inch clearance, then maybe I can too.

good god man, that's a bit of a nightmare, if you catch that on anything you're in trouble, at least you will have the front bumper as a makeshift shield.

Should be ok though matey

p.s. you could mount the intercooler right in front of the radiator, i've seen this done many times, as long as you have forward motion, both the radiator and the intercooler will receive cold air. woun't interfere with either cooling systems

Batch said:
p.s. you could mount the intercooler right in front of the radiator, i've seen this done many times, as long as you have forward motion, both the radiator and the intercooler will receive cold air. woun't interfere with either cooling systems
The intercooler is in front of the radiator.fwn I can't mount it upper because I can't get the pipes to the intercooler anywhere else than under that front frame. I can't use the normal radiator, because it is too thick - turbo would scrub to it. That radiator that I got is only 17mm thick, but it have to be wide enough for cooling that engine.

micra man said:
Is that the E15ET one I am guessing?? :)
Yes, that's it :laugh:

Back