5.5hrs and achieved nothing P/S belt removal

Kid you not i planned today like clock work MOT in 3 weeks wife out with kids all day planned to remove old back box and replace started angle grinding and drilling out useless bolts (from rear silencer) then stared from cat back then gave up as drill pieces no good so feared having no car for work tomoz so ill have to put up with the bombing back box for another week :mad:

So after getting advise and looking at all various previous threads that you had pointed me to i got under car ramps front axle stands rear lots of access removed splash guards looked around with lamp couldnt find adjusting screwed that was the key to slacking off a pulley got up removed alternator belt then started dismanteling water pump to see if i could move it forward to slacken belt 2,3 4 bolts later on pump would shift !

Kid you not crawling out looking on top getting under looking below checking lap top on passenger seat for the advise you gave me no good cant find the screw to slacken pulley wheel :(

Any one got a photo of what i have to look for started at 12.30 called it a day at near enough 6pm desperate to get this done along with exhaust next week Cheers for all help in advance ;)

you might find it easier to remove the engine mount sef, and either lift or lower the engine for better access :)

Yep i read that suggestion in a old thread of yours but what am i looking for (adjusting screw) im simply at the end of my tether with it too put in politely thanks for reply ;)

there are various different belt setups on the k11,s eh (the russian pdf shows about 6 different types iirc) some pic,s of your idler/idlers would help :)

I know this is late, but did you manage to put the belts in
Holy thread resurrection batman.jpg

As the original post was nearly seven years ago, I would like to think that the problem is now solved..... :ROFLMAO:

Back