43k milage K11 with no MOT worth selling for £250

I currently have a 2002 3 door 1.0 Vibe K11 with an expired MOT. Unfortunately I had a minor accident and the Micra has got slight front end damage. The damage has been caused to the front headlights, the bonnet and the front bumper. I have managed to replace a few things on it myself like replacing the front bumper (grey colour), two front headlights (as the old headlights had cracked tabs and smashed headlight glass). I have done a little bit of work on the bonnet as well so that it sits on the bonnet release latch and that it locks securely but can be opened now as well. Initially, I thought the bonnet would need to be replaced as it wasn't sitting properly on the bonnet release mechanism and so wasn't locking into place. Due to the impact, I had a problem fitting the headlights but with some adjustment to the structural frame of the car I have managed to fit them securely but I am unsure whether the front headlights may be out by a small margin and so might fail an MOT if I decided to put it through one as I have heard the MOT guidelines are quite strict on this. I have managed to get an offer of £250 for it at the moment without an MOT but I am unsure whether to hold onto it and put it through an MOT in order to increase its value. I have attached some old images of the car before I fitted a grey replacement front bumper, pair of front headlights, and managed to get the bonnet to sit flat a bit better. The last two images show that the metal piece which bends inwards on the right hand side of the radiator needed to be pulled out and adjusted so that the headlight could sit properly and bolted securely. The front headlights are now fitted without any noticeable difference.

I've had it 8 years and it has been very reliable whilst it currently has:
Part service history.
43k miles.
Good interior condition.
4 tyres in good condition

photo033-jpg.54466
photo038-jpg.54467
photo034-jpg.54479
photo046-jpg.54475
photo045-jpg.54471

Tbh for the damage , cause it wants a bonnet and some minor adjustment , and not not that's pretty good
If you replace the bonnet and have a it pretty straight with a mot say £400/500
Also what's not like on rust

Now sold for £250 without MOT. Scrap man wanted it for £100 but managed to get someone knock on my door and enquire about the car which hadn't been used for a few months (due to not really needing it at the time). They offered to buy it for £200 but managed to get them up to £250 for it.

That's decent for abit of damage and no mot, and save the hassle of eBay ect

Yh was looking on ebay and say k11 with better spec going with no MOT for around £300. How much do you estimate the bonnet damage will have effected the value of the car (still functional but buyer said he wanted to replace)

Buyers seem picky as, I've bought and sold a good few k11s. And some people don't care some just use it as any excuse to knock the price down,
Starters, hm is a bonnet, and work involved ( people some seem to look at effort more the money) and it's the case.of its.bumped and no mot
Tbh, I should be collecting few 31k 2000 model for £150 without test and my bumblebee cost £220 mid spec inspiration near enough rust free with 8months test
If it was me I would have valued up what it want, unless it's a heap, it will do won't do
Want a bonnet it will get one then after that is basically sort the front, once over see what it wants for a mot, then test , so dunno £25 for the bonnet, a bit of fellting to sort the front then a mot £40 son £65, if no other needed parts are wanted
Plus I'm guess it was just a base model s?

yes base model s. he was only willing to pay £300 if I put it through an MOT but offered £250 without which I thought was decent. only mods was fitted a sony cd player inside around 8 years ago

Buyers seem picky as, I've bought and sold a good few k11s. And some people don't care some just use it as any excuse to knock the price down,
Starters, hm is a bonnet, and work involved ( people some seem to look at effort more the money) and it's the case.of its.bumped and no mot
Tbh, I should be collecting few 31k 2000 model for £150 without test and my bumblebee cost £220 mid spec inspiration near enough rust free with 8months test
If it was me I would have valued up what it want, unless it's a heap, it will do won't do
Want a bonnet it will get one then after that is basically sort the front, once over see what it wants for a mot, then test , so dunno £25 for the bonnet, a bit of fellting to sort the front then a mot £40 son £65, if no other needed parts are wanted
Plus I'm guess it was just a base model s?

yes base model s. he was only willing to pay £300 if I put it through an MOT but offered £250 without which I thought was decent. only mods was fitted a sony cd player inside around 8 years ago

Yeah, £300 mot is cheap, sold 100k ones with some light rust or wear or body damage , usual problems ,for £280/320, sold my activ 1.4 which might have 2years left in it for £350 ,
But it comes down to some people don't want the effort so bid, low
If you sorted the front and had it all repaired to a point no viable damage , and a mot £400 to 500 roughly , so long it passes , and the whole car is clean rust wise

Yeah, £300 mot is cheap, sold 100k ones with some light rust or wear or body damage , usual problems ,for £280/320, sold my activ 1.4 which might have 2years left in it for £350 ,
But it comes down to some people don't want the effort so bid, low
If you sorted the front and had it all repaired to a point no viable damage , and a mot £400 to 500 roughly , so long it passes , and the whole car is clean rust wise

the parts in this colour are hard to find IMO, had to just go and just fit a dark grey coloured bumper as it was quite cheap at the time

Back