• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Location and personal choice will see it that opinions will always differ when it comes to the validity of times.

Unless individuals attend the same venue on the same day there will always be excuses :p

Apparently

Pod- no passangers, very safety concious, proper in and out roads etc, has glue on the track.

Crail- have as many passangers as you want, hang out the windows etc, walk across the track at will, the in road consists of lots of pot holes and is basically gravel. Its inbetween several fields and if you dont brake at the end you go into the sea. Apparently its downhill aswell

Crail is front seat passengers only, hang out the windows no but you can have your widow open. You can walk across the start of the track before where people light the tyres, the in and out roads are rough, if your on the right side of the track while queing your O/S tyres are in mud! Its in the middle of fields yeah and if you done brakes you might just make it to the sea. The last half i would say is slightly downhill but its not enough to do major changes to your times

And i hear the opposite with proof from my mates 1/4 times. Even the video evidence of him taking off is unbelievable, it just sticks and goes.

I go to pod pretty regular and they apply the sticky stuff to the track every couple of hours. Not sure if you've been on it before but when you drive down it you can hear your tyres making a sticky sound as they grip to the tread.

My mate told me about it, says your feet stick to it. The video of him launching is nuts, no wheelspin in an over 600bhp civic, from a 12.6 at crail to an 11.7 at pod

Pic from today, i should really clean it!

image-15_zps7ec68552.jpg

My mate told me about it, says your feet stick to it. The video of him launching is nuts, no wheelspin in an over 600bhp civic, from a 12.6 at crail to an 11.7 at pod

In cars that don't have traction issues / lower power pod is slower imho. Proper drag setups pod is obviously going to be better.

Its scary watching the levels of grip @ pod. I totally bent engine mounts there on the ST. But it always has a pretty strong head wind which is a complete pain.

In cars that don't have traction issues / lower power pod is slower imho. Proper drag setups pod is obviously going to be better.

Its scary watching the levels of grip @ pod. I totally bent engine mounts there on the ST. But it always has a pretty strong head wind which is a complete pain.

Yeah i get what you mean, i have traction issues in 1st and 2nd, 3rd gear changes it mind now and then :p with some good tyres i might get grip in 2nd. Would love to get down to pod eventually to experience a proper drag strip :)

Yeah i get what you mean, i have traction issues in 1st and 2nd, 3rd gear changes it mind now and then :p with some good tyres i might get grip in 2nd. Would love to get down to pod eventually to experience a proper drag strip :)
We'll just go to the pound shop and buy load of pva glue and cover the first 300 yards of crail and let it go tacky and take stanis car up see what happens

I eventually fitted my new distributor that we bought months ago now that im selling my other to oddball, also withthe car getting really dirty recently i had to give it a wash too. Turns out after scrubbing the car it was still covered all over in small orange rust spots! I used oven cleaner and had to go over the whole car than wash it again and double check id got them all off :(

New dizzy
image-15_zpsd545997a.jpg

Rusty spots
image-15_zps970755dc.jpg

image-15_zpsd32bfeb1.jpg

Clean
image-15_zps6c0d2180.jpg

image-15_zpsab467da9.jpg

image-15_zps1d649c54.jpg

image-15_zps650fbcea.jpg

Cant wait to get the steels back on!!

Staini I'd go back with them dust spots looks like a lack or prep or primer under that paint

Even on the plastic bumpers though? I was putting it down to other rusty cars and spray from the road. Never had it last winter and the car was just as dirty

Been keeping track of my fuel and mpg on www.fuelly.com spent a little over £200 this month :O
Heres how its looking:

image-15_zpsb22a335b.jpg

Yeah petrol prices are a joke, remember im on v-power, i think regular at the moment is 133 ish.....

I wish they could just cap it at £1 or £1.20

On thursday me and glen took to the rust again, we decided to clean back the areas, cut them out, get the new pieces cut ready to weld and kurust them over night. Glens dad got all the welding done this morning before i was even able to get over and im starting to be happy with the car again (rust wise) we got the custom exhaust off and the exhaust that will hopefully pass MOT on. Car is now silent and extremely sluggish which was always expected, we also got the remaining metal brake pipes (2 rear ones) cleaned up and copper greased but i need to replace the flexies which ill do before friday as im booked in for 9am. We also got the front brakes looked at as they were feeling terrible and the discs were in bad shape and 1 out of 4 pads were down to the metal!! Luckily glen has donated his spare stock discs and pads on a temporary basis till i fit my pulsar ones. Never got a great deal of pictures but heres what i did get :)

Front drivers footwell
image-15_zpsae2223ae.jpg

image-15_zps100af772.jpg

image-15_zpsc1325291.jpg

Rear passenger footwell
image-15_zpsc3111003.jpg

image-15_zpsffb2c385.jpg

image-15_zps94ef6939.jpg

The patches are zinc primered, stonechipped and undersealed just like the previous 2. Big thanks to glen and his dad! :D

Yeah petrol prices are a joke, remember im on v-power, i think regular at the moment is 133 ish.....

I wish they could just cap it at £1 or £1.20

according to my records, fuel has obviously gradually risen overall bit by bit.
notice they drop prices at xmas/new year then wack it up all year round.
then i changed to v-power in the year of the turbo and shoots from £1.20 to £1.40
2011 has a larger amount of data in cos i filled up more often cos of the turbo and trackdays lol

fuelprice.png

then i changed to v-power in the year of the turbo and shoots from £1.20 to £1.40
2011 has a larger amount of data in cos i filled up more often cos of the turbo and trackdays lol

fuelprice.png

Nice one! What's your rough MPG Paul? My latest half tank was £141.9 that's another penny since the week before, at this rate alot of people are going to suffer, it's like a government are that stupid they can't work out petrol price affects every single person

you torched it stani ? :D and have you lost about 40hp with the stock system ? (mine did)

Yeah it obvs got out of it being tucked and was stuck to the patch lol and frank the car is so unresponsive its amazing how much a free flowing exhaust makes, ive set the boost controller to 0 just let it run off the actuator eventhough im now back to the driving style from before it'd been mapped so no boost required!

I'm guessing that was a welding mishap :D Minor inconvenience! Car is looking really good!! Good luck with emissions!

Yeah it was, even if it was the carpet who cares eh? :p and thanks thats my only worry now

Yeah it obvs got out of it being tucked and was stuck to the patch lol and frank the car is so unresponsive its amazing how much a free flowing exhaust makes, ive set the boost controller to 0 just let it run off the actuator eventhough im now back to the driving style from before it'd been mapped so no boost required!
heh, i know mate :) hence my upgraded s/s downpipe and 60mm system

P2240676.JPG

the tubby relies on the pressure difference in the mani above the back pressure in the rest of the system eh (so 20 psi in the mani and 15 psi backpressure post turbo give only 5 psi of output from the compressor eh, and a laggy 5psi too)

On wednesday i got the 2 rear brake flexy pipes replaced, was surprisingly easy. I found it best to wire brush and WD40 till there almost clean then crack the seal with some mole grips and use an 11mm spanner to free off the remaining dirt. Also after fitting my stock exhaust there was a leak at the cat area so whipped that off, put my loctite sealer in and left it a few hours before i started the car. Once i did it was still leaking! So had to do it again last night, turns out it was the other side of the cat this time so apart it come, loctite in and left until this morning. Took car for 1/2 hour drive to warm up before MOT @ 9am. At first it wasnt good, because the car sat for maybe 5 mins on idle the guy had turned the car off to check dash lights but took 10 mins to get her fired up again! Anywho the initial test seemed spot on, now emissions test! At first try i think he said the c/o levels were too high (0.6 when meant to be 0.3) while we had to wait on the machine for the 2nd test the guy was revving the car as he was sure it would pass this time and it DID! :D levels were much better after heating the cat more.....

Goodridge brake flexys
image-15_zpsf21b2b63.jpg

image-15_zps72d3e17c.jpg

Had a help from my son doing the exhaust repair last night
image-15_zpsd7ca0361.jpg

And what ive been waiting for!! (1 Advisory)
image-15_zpsa86ce705.jpg

image-15_zps46dc2000.jpg

So now im off the whole day its turbo exhaust back on, steelies on and when ive time pulsar brakes :)

fuelprice.png
Paul I need to setup you up with one of sophia's friends dude.

fuelprice.png
btw how do you collect this data? just keep receipts, or log the milage every time you fill up with the cost of the fuel? On a serious note.

Back